Diversi 1816 Nati Record - Corrado Sallustio

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Diversi 1816 Nati Record - Corrado Sallustio

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:

I found this record by just happening to browse through a "Diversi" record. I have a Corrado Sallustio on my tree.

This is what I could read:
Corrado Sallustio (age 23) of late Alessio presented a male child born Jan. 14, 1816. Mother was Maddalena de Leonardis (age 22). I don't understand the writing below this.

If anyone can help me transcribe the rest of the record, it would be helpful. I don't know what a "Diversi" record is. What type of information is included in the record. Thanks for your help. Is this birth record also listed in the Nata records of 1816?

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Diversi 1816 Nati Record - Corrado Sallustio

Post by erudita74 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Hi Everyone:

I found this record by just happening to browse through a "Diversi" record. I have a Corrado Sallustio on my tree.

This is what I could read:
Corrado Sallustio (age 23) of late Alessio presented a male child born Jan. 14, 1816. Mother was Maddalena de Leonardis (age 22). I don't understand the writing below this.

If anyone can help me transcribe the rest of the record, it would be helpful. I don't know what a "Diversi" record is. What type of information is included in the record. Thanks for your help. Is this birth record also listed in the Nata records of 1816?

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

after "sesso maschio"-"male sex" are the words "senza vita"-this baby was born without life (stillborn).

after Maddalena's name-di anni ventidue sua legittima moglie, abitante Strada Sant'Orsola number quattordeci in dove si e sgravata- she was 22 , his legitimate wife, living on Strada Sant'Orsola #14, in dove si e sgravata-where she relieved herself (in other words-this is the address where the baby was born or she gave birth).

This is from a previous thread
Diversi atti can pretty much include anything-Some of the kinds of things you might find include
(1) birth records of still-born children (morti-nati), (2) birth records of abandoned children (nati di proietti), (3) records of deaths of inhabitants that took place outside the town (morti fuori), (4) adoptions (adozioni), (5) recognitions of abandoned children (recognizioni), (6) changes of domicile (domicilio), (7) records of earlier deaths (morti tardi), and (8) records of the deaths of persons unknown (morti ignoti).

I personally have also seen death records for fetuses among the diversi atti. #6 above I have always found among the regular birth, marriage, and death records and are known as atti di cittandinanze (acts of citizenship)

No, you shouldn't find this particular birth record with the Part I birth records for 1816.

Erudita