Can i say i'm part Italain?

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
jordanmoore144

Can i say i'm part Italain?

Post by jordanmoore144 »

Hi, i found this website while trying to find out about my great grandparent who was Italian(from Prato i believe).
I just wanted to know if it came up in conversation could i say i'm part Italian, i am only 1/8th Italain, i know this is not a lot but i spent most of my childhood growing up around my Nan who was half Italain, i know very little Italian but i am starting to learn more, I have always been a big fan of Italy since i was a kid, i used to play a lot of football as a little kid and pretend i was Totti :D .

I want to know if i can say i'm part Italian at 1/8th?

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Can i say i'm part Italain?

Post by erudita74 »

jordanmoore144 wrote:Hi, i found this website while trying to find out about my great grandparent who was Italian(from Prato i believe).
I just wanted to know if it came up in conversation could i say i'm part Italian, i am only 1/8th Italain, i know this is not a lot but i spent most of my childhood growing up around my Nan who was half Italain, i know very little Italian but i am starting to learn more, I have always been a big fan of Italy since i was a kid, i used to play a lot of football as a little kid and pretend i was Totti :D .

I want to know if i can say i'm part Italian at 1/8th?

Personally I don't think it's about fractions. If you have any Italian heritage, even a tiny bit, I think you can safely say you are part Italian.
Erudita
jordanmoore144

Post by jordanmoore144 »

Thanks, i only asked because a few people have said 1/8th doesn't count :)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

jordanmoore144 wrote:Thanks, i only asked because a few people have said 1/8th doesn't count :)

You're welcome. Here's a discussion I found online which relates to your question.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 514AAivDUC

Erudita