Help with Death Record for Domenico Pellgrini

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Dach
Rookie
Rookie

Help with Death Record for Domenico Pellgrini

Post by Dach »

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349683501

I would be so grateful if someone could translate the Death record at the bottom for Domenico Pellgrini.

Thank-you so much
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help with Death Record for Domenico Pellgrini

Post by Tessa78 »

Dach wrote:https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349683501

I would be so grateful if someone could translate the Death record at the bottom for Domenico Pellgrini.

Thank-you so much
Comune of Santa Maria del Ponte, Unitd with Fontecchio(?)
Dated 21 Aprile 1873 at 3 PM at the town office.
Appearing before the official was Santo Renzi, 43, peasant farmer residing in this town; and Alesio Giuliani, 45, peasant residing in this town; to declare that on 21 April 1873 at 2 PM at home, died Domenico Pelligrini of age 83, peasant residing in this town.
The declarants personally attested to the death of Domenico Pelligrini.

Right margin is a notation by the official that he saw and verified the entry on 13 May 1873.

There are no parents or other relatives mentioned in this death record that I can see.

T.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

delete
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

erudita74 wrote:I read that he was the husband of Teresa Colantoni and the son of deceased Prospero and deceased Antonia Pelligrini

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

erudita74 wrote:
erudita74 wrote:I read that he was the husband of Teresa Colantoni and the son of deceased Prospero and deceased Antonia Pelligrini

Erudita
Yes, of course! :-)
I must have skipped over some lines while translating... :?

T.
Dach
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dach »

Thank-you so much for your help, I really Appreciate it, With the name of his wife that you were able to read it matches up with my tree Yeahhh! however I don't have his parents so this is new information to add Im very happy, This may be a dumb question but could you tell me which is his mother and which is his fathers name? I would assume Antonia is his mother but I have found that in my other research to be a male name? Maybe? and since Pelligrini is attached to it? Could you just clarify it for me.

Again thank-you so much for your help, I wouldn't be able to do it with out you :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Dach wrote:Thank-you so much for your help, I really Appreciate it, With the name of his wife that you were able to read it matches up with my tree Yeahhh! however I don't have his parents so this is new information to add Im very happy, This may be a dumb question but could you tell me which is his mother and which is his fathers name? I would assume Antonia is his mother but I have found that in my other research to be a male name? Maybe? and since Pelligrini is attached to it? Could you just clarify it for me.
Again thank-you so much for your help, I wouldn't be able to do it with out you :)
That is correct. Antonia Pelligrini is the mother. Interesting she has the same surname as her husband, either they were cousins or they have made an error and written Prospero's surname? This happens sometimes. It will become clearer as you view more records for this couple :)

Re the name Antonia (female) - it is the female form of Antonio (male). Sometimes the a and o look the same.

You might be interesting in looking at the following link. There is a section on Italian Handwriting which gives some samples of Italian script. I found it very useful when I first starting reading Italian script. http://www.italiangenealogy.com/italian ... extraction

Hope this helps.

Angela