Confreda/Tartaglione

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ginagirl916
Rookie
Rookie

Confreda/Tartaglione

Post by ginagirl916 »

hello all.

I am looking for information on 2 Ancestors Pasquale (Pascale) Confreda and his Wife Teresa Tartaglione. Now I have all the info of their children and decedents but I am looking to find details on their Birth, death, siblings and parents. I received info from a tree match on ancestry.com that they may have both been born in 1807 in Prata Sannita, Caserta, Campania, Italy.

Thanks if you can provide any info or suggestions on where I can look.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Confreda/Tartaglione

Post by erudita74 »

ginagirl916 wrote:hello all.

I am looking for information on 2 Ancestors Pasquale (Pascale) Confreda and his Wife Teresa Tartaglione. Now I have all the info of their children and decedents but I am looking to find details on their Birth, death, siblings and parents. I received info from a tree match on ancestry.com that they may have both been born in 1807 in Prata Sannita, Caserta, Campania, Italy.

Thanks if you can provide any info or suggestions on where I can look.
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... icrofilmed records for the town beg in 1816-would have to be rented through a local family history center. You might be able to find marriage and death records for them, but not their 1807 birth records

online, there are town records at familysearch.org, but only beg in 1866 -
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043630

baptism records might be available from one of the local parishes-
you can use this site below to get the addresses of the two parishes there-just type in the town name next to the option localita`

http://www.chiesacattolica.it/pls/cci_n ... ric_parret

Here's contact info and an email address for the parishes. The parish priest is the same person for both parishes, so one email should do it.

Parrocchia S. Pancrazio Martire
parroco: Sac. Arnaldo Ricciuto
indirizzo: P.zza S. Pancrazio - 81010 Prata Sannita (CE)
abitanti: 1520
telefono: 0823941332
e-mail: donarnaldo@katamail.com

Parrocchia S. Maria delle Grazie
parroco: Sac. Arnaldo Ricciuto
indirizzo: Via S. Maria delle Grazie - 81010 Prata Sannita (CE)
abitanti: 400
telefono: 0823941332
e-mail: donarnaldo@katamail.com

sample letter to parish priest in Italian at this website:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter4.html

Erudita
ginagirl916
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginagirl916 »

Thank you so much for your quick response. I will browse these records and email these parishes. Do they usually respond?

I appreciate you taking the time. Hope to learn more about research on this site.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
If you look at the marriage record of Pasquale LaFazia and Catarina Cecilia Confreda
INDEX#1
1879 Jan 12th in the town of Prata Sannita Catarina Cecilia Confreda age 18 daughter of DECEASED Pasquale Confreda and the LIVING Teresa Tartaglione I would look for both of their
death records in Prata Sannita for their parents names
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
31752_221102-00497.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ginagirl916
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginagirl916 »

Oh My!! Thank you for this!! These are my direct ancestors. These are my great great grandparents.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Pasquale Confreda
INDEX#50
1875 Sept 7th in the town of Prata Sannita death of Pasquale Confreda age 70 son of deceased Giuseppe Confreda and deceased Caterina Palermo????? (NEED A LITTLE HELP ON THIS ONE)husband of the living Teresa Tartaglione
31752_221102-00227.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ginagirl916
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginagirl916 »

Marty! This is great! Thank you so much!!!

I have been staring at the name for 15minutes, I cant figure it out but this is start. Caterina makes sense as the first name as Pasquale had 2 daughters with the name.

You guys on here are amazing!! hopefully someday I can pay it forward and help someone else make a break through.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Teresa Tartaglione
INDEX#20
1898 Aug 22nd in in the town of Prata Sannita death of Teresa Tartaglione age 86 propertyowner born in Prata Sannita daughter of deceased Luigi Tartaglione and deceased Cecilia Ciarpelli?? widow of Pasquale Confreda
31752_221102-01842.jpg
Marty

Marty
ginagirl916
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginagirl916 »

Incredible! Where are you finding these records?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Glad to help in you research
That one name might be Caterina Palumbo I keep thinking the first letter is a S
There are records on familysearch.org
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043630

I have been using ancestry.com universal subscription Prata Sannita ,Caserta 1866-1910 civil records some years have indexes at the end of the years you are searching most don't you should be able to find more records of your family

Marty

Marty
ginagirl916
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginagirl916 »

Thank you, I do have the universal subscription. Maybe I just don't know how to search properly. I will have to spend more time on there playing with it.
ginagirl916
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginagirl916 »

OOHH! I just found a sister for Teresa! This is so exciting! Cant thank you enough!!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Go to ancestry.com top of the page to search/cardcatalog/title/Italy/Caserta
birth/nati marriage/matrimonio death /morti
PG LINK
http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1893

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Great researching or if you have any questions just post there is a lot of good people on here to help

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Also Pasquale LaFazia is the son of Giuseppe LaFazia and Maria Iannotta incase you don't have that info

Marty

Marty