Please help with birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
kw1046a

Please help with birth record

Post by kw1046a »

This is a nati for Guiseppe Commisso, born 1874. I cannot read the writing. I would be extremely grateful if someone would please translate the record for me. I have attached three documents - the birth record was on two pages and I did a close up of the writing under the record number/Guiseppe's name. I saved the document multiple times using different strains of light, even negative of the print. If you need me to upload a different document, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Tammy
Attachments
14 Ferruzzano 1874 Commisso.pdf
close up of writing under the record number and Guiseppe's name. hoping this is marriage info
(25.33 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
5 Ferruzzano 1874 Commisso.pdf
last couple of lines and signature of record
(61 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
2 Ferruzzano 1874 Commisso .pdf
beginning of record
(242.16 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Please help with birth record

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is what I think … the handwriting is blurred...

Record #7
Dated 6 March 1874
Before the official in Ferruzzano…
Appeared Francesco Antonio Commisso, of deceased Rocco(?), age 25 laborer residing in Ferruzzano, to present a male child who he declares was born from his illegitimate(?) union with Maria Teresa Sgrò, daughter of deceased Andrea, age 30, residing in Ferruzzano, [child was born] on 4th of the month of March at 8 AM at the home of Giovanni ???lli at Strada Piazzo(?) … given the name GIUSEPPE.
Witnesses to the record were Francesco Santacaterina(?) and Antonino Deangelis, both of whom signed the act with the official.

There is a notation under his name that is VERY difficult to read.
Looks like Giuseppe Commisso married with Antonia ???? on 24(?) October 1893 or 1897? in Ferruzzano.

T.
kw1046a

Post by kw1046a »

Tessa

Thank you very much! I have uploaded another copy of the same file, different light that would perhaps be a little clearer if you would have the time to take a peek. You have given me more information than I had before I got this record today. It means a lot that you helped someone you didn't know.

Sincerely,
Tammy
Attachments
18 Ferruzzano 1874 Commisso.pdf
same file in negative color
(114.56 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
16 Ferruzzano 1874 Commisso.pdf
same file different lighting
(67.01 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Tessa78 wrote:Here is what I think … the handwriting is blurred...

Record #7
Dated 6 March 1874
Before the official in Ferruzzano…
Appeared Francesco Antonio Commisso, of deceased Rocco yes age 25 laborer residing in Ferruzzano, to present a male child who he declares was born from his illegitimate(?) union with Maria Teresa Sgrò, daughter of deceased Andrea, age 30, residing in Ferruzzano, [child was born] on 4th of the month of March at 8 AM at the home of Giovanni Sculli at Strada Piazzo(?) … given the name GIUSEPPE.
Witnesses to the record were Francesco Santacaterina, son of deceased Rocco, age 29, landowner) and Antonino Deangelis,son of Domenico, age 36, carpenter, both of whom signed the act with the official.

There is a notation under his name that is VERY difficult to read.
Looks like Giuseppe Commisso married with Antonia ???? on 24(yes) October 1893 or 1897? in Ferruzzano.

T.
Can you do anything with the notation under the name in the margin?
Erudita
kw1046a

Post by kw1046a »

I have uploaded the same record in 3 different lights to include one in the negative. If this doesn't work please let me know. I plan to return to the library tomorrow to look at more records from Casignana and Ferruzzano and will try to get a clearer copy of this notation for Giuseppe Commisso.

Thank you so much for everything!

Tammy
Attachments
15 Ferruzzano 1874 Commisso.pdf
negative of picture
(19.18 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
notation in different light
14 Ferruzzano 1874 Commisso.pdf
(25.33 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Tammy
I tried adjusting the name with the notation in Picassa, but the only thing I can think I see for sure is that the marriage year is 1897. It looks like act #26 or possibly act #16. I still can't make out the rest of the bride's name. Do you have access to the 1897 marriage records for the town?
Erudita
kw1046a

Post by kw1046a »

I would have to order that microfilm. I have the films for Casignana 1809-1865 and Ferruzzano 1809-1865 and the film for Ferruzzano 1874. I will put in an order for the Ferruzzano 1897 microfilm. Erudita, thank you!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I hope both marriage years are on that roll of microfilm, just in case.
Erudita