Death of Francesco Gattuso 1811???

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Death of Francesco Gattuso 1811???

Post by lilbees »

Poor copy but can you make out what this says about Francesco Gattuso for me. Devil of a time reading this.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245878602

Thanks for any help.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Death of Francesco Gattuso 1811???

Post by erudita74 »

lilbees wrote:Poor copy but can you make out what this says about Francesco Gattuso for me. Devil of a time reading this.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245878602

Thanks for any help.

lilbees
Dated Jan 1, 1811
Francesco Gattuso, about age 74, son of deceased Giovanni Gattuso and dec Marina Anzelmo, who were spouses when they were alive. Buried in Colleggio Maria.
Erudita
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Erudita. Where is Colleggio Maria?

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

lilbees wrote:Thanks Erudita. Where is Colleggio Maria?

lilbees

It was located in Ventimiglia di Sicilia. My understanding is that these houses of education sprung up throughout Sicily in the late 1700s. In this town, it was established in April of 1802. It basically was a house of education for unmarried women to be educated in religion and in the arts. Nuns were housed there. After the town and the parish church, it was supposedly the most important facility in the town. I have no idea though why Francesco would have been buried there as opposed to the parish church.

Erudita