Check Translation of Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
demari18
Elite
Elite

Check Translation of Marriage Record

Post by demari18 »

Wondering if Benigno DeTora could actually be my husband's great grandfather. We know him as Andrea DeTora who married Marta Pisano from Andrea's death record on July 5th 1905. Their son (my husband's grandfather Palmino was born in 1883). We know that Andrea's father's name was Vincenzo DeTora and his mother's last name was Minicucci but we have her first name as Angela not Carmina also from Andrea's death record. I have searched the records for several years before 1883 and have not found a marriage for Andrea to Marta when it dawned on me that there were may similarities between this Benigno and Andrea. I'd love to know what people think. DeMari

Index#33 page 28 Atti Di Matrimonio for Teano
1880 June 6th in the town of Teano marriage of Benigno DeTora age 32 farm laborer born in frazione (SUBURB) Casale di Teano town of Teano son Vincenzo DeTora and Carmina Minicucci married to Marta Pisano age 25 daughter of Giuseppe Pisano and Maria Acciardo
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Check Translation of Marriage Record

Post by Tessa78 »

Can you post link to the record?

Have you found birth record of Palmino in 1883?

T.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Tessa78 wrote:Can you post link to the record?

Have you found birth record of Palmino in 1883?

T.

T
Here's a link to records previously found by Marty. I was looking them over in the wee hours of the morning and am bothered by the discrepancy of the names in those records from the names in the marriage record for 1880.

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... ra#p180570

Here's the marriage record in question

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349532901

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Erudita :-)

Thanks for posting those links to records.
I can see why you are troubled by the name discrepancies...

Will need to search for death of Benigno De Tora?

Birth records of Angela Minicucci and Carmina Minicucci may establish that they are : sisters, same person, or related in some degree?

I know that the ages in these records can be "fluid"... another discrepancy to me is the age of "Benigno" at 1880 marriage (age 32), and the age of "Andrea" at the 1883 birth of Palmino (age 33)

T.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Hi T
Didn't want you going crazy trying to track down records that had already been posted on the forum. I actually had to search for the 1880 marriage record, and found it on familysearch, bookmarked it, then quickly looked over all the records, before going back to bed. A sibling connection had actually crossed my mind, but I was too tired to try to pursue that avenue of research so early in the morning.
Erudita
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Wow - thank you for all the work you are doing. I will continue to search for records too. But as stated before I have not been able to find any marriage record for Andrea to Marta. Thanks again for everything!!!!! DeMari
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

demari18 wrote:Wow - thank you for all the work you are doing. I will continue to search for records too. But as stated before I have not been able to find any marriage record for Andrea to Marta. Thanks again for everything!!!!! DeMari
You're very welcome.
Erudita