Help Please Birth Record Translation Domenico DeSanto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Help Please Birth Record Translation Domenico DeSanto

Post by KevinO »

Hello,

Can someone please translate the attached birth record #932 of Domenico DeSanto born July 28 (27?), 1894 with parents Francesco and Raffaella Pepe in Foggia. If you can translate as much of what is provided in the document I would appreciate it. (I apologize this PDF is all I have now until the facility can show me how I can save as a .TIFF from microfilm).

Thanks for your help!

Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help Please Birth Record Translation Domenico DeSanto

Post by liviomoreno »

Domenico De Santo was born the day 27 July 1824 at 3:08am in the house situated in Via le Ville 48.
His father Francesco was 29 yo, winegrower, born and living in Foggia, his mother Raffaela Pepe was 20yo born in Foggia
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KevinO »

Thank you--can you help with the witnesses? Also does it indicate whether or not Rafaella and Francesco were married?

Thanks again

Kevin
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

KevinO wrote:Thank you--can you help with the witnesses? Also does it indicate whether or not Rafaella and Francesco were married?

Thanks again

Kevin
Yes, Francesco and Raffaela were married. After her name the document reads : di anni venti di Foggia sua moglie seco lui conviviente

literally translated "of years 20 of Foggia his wife living with him"

As to the witnesses-witnesses were normally not relatives but rather individuals at the town hall who served as witnesses as needed. So you may find these same witnesses appearing on other birth records for unrelated individuals.

I can't decipher the first and last name of the first witness and last name of the second. The first though was age 70 and a shoemaker and the second, Francesco, was age 40, and a day laborer.

Erudita
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KevinO »

Thank you Erudita--can you decipher the name and title of the town official referenced in the beginning of the record?

Thanks again for your help!

Kevin
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

KevinO wrote:Thank you Erudita--can you decipher the name and title of the town official referenced in the beginning of the record?

Thanks again for your help!

Kevin

Hi Kevin
His name was Prof. Luigi Mazza (Professore Luigi Mazza) and he was an assessore (a town council member).
Erudita
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KevinO »

Great-thank you Erudita! It looks like in the beginning it states that on July 29, 1894 at a certain time, the information was presented to Luigi. Can you make out the time that is recorded?

Thanks again for all your help!

Kevin
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

It says the hour (ore) twelve (dodici) and fifty (cinquanta) minutes (minuti) so it would be 12.50 p.m.

Angela
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KevinO »

Perfect--thank you!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

KevinO wrote:Great-thank you Erudita! It looks like in the beginning it states that on July 29, 1894 at a certain time, the information was presented to Luigi. Can you make out the time that is recorded?

Thanks again for all your help!

Kevin
You're very welcome, Kevin.
Erudita