Rocco Basilico Birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
kmp2699

Rocco Basilico Birth

Post by kmp2699 »

Good Morning,

I am looking for a translation on Numero 190 for Rocco Basilico. This doesn't look like a standard birth record?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Anthony

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348594901
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Rocco Basilico Birth

Post by erudita74 »

kmp2699 wrote:Good Morning,

I am looking for a translation on Numero 190 for Rocco Basilico. This doesn't look like a standard birth record?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Anthony

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348594901

This record is dated on Nov 13th 1896 at 8:30 a.m. in the town hall of Guardia Lombardi but the birth took place on the 12th at 11:30 P.M. in the house on via Calvario. Appearing at the town hall to report the birth was Nicoletta Sica, a 66 year old midwife. She reported to the town official that the infant was born to a woman who did not wish to be named. The town official then gave the infant the first name Rocco and the surname Basilio. She also stated that the infant had been left to her and that she was to assume raising and custody of the infant. Since there were no objections, she was given custody of the infant.

Erudita
kmp2699

Post by kmp2699 »

Thanks Erudita! Rocco listed my great grandfather as his "step father" on his immigration record, but I have nothing else to prove that this is correct. Certainly opens a lot of questions!

Thanks again,
Anthony
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

kmp2699 wrote:Thanks Erudita! Rocco listed my great grandfather as his "step father" on his immigration record, but I have nothing else to prove that this is correct. Certainly opens a lot of questions!

Thanks again,
Anthony

You're very welcome, Anthony. Unfortunately, some of the mysteries set forth by these records are never solved by additional records, but you shouldn't give up trying to find some kind of proof.
Erudita