Margherita Aiello

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Margherita Aiello

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Hi My Great Grandfather Married Margherita Aiello , in Terrasini ,Palermo, Sicilia, Italy. She was Born April 28,1866 , died Dec26, 1895 in Italy. I would like to know if how she died? Obituary? Where she's buried? Who her parents are? If any way to get a marriage License? I know they had three children Flippa, Anthony, Michael.

Thank you so much
Debbie
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Margherita Aiello

Post by erudita74 »

Here's a link to her online church death record (6th record down in the right hand column on right page. Dec 26, 1895-

she died at the age of about 28 and was the daughter of deceased Rosario (Aiello) and living Antonia Ventimiglia

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351044701

Debbie-what was your great grandfather's name?

Erudita
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Hi Erudita,

Thank you I appreciate this except I can't read this ..Is there a way you can tell me what it says. also can you tell me more about her parents like where they were born in their birthday and years? My great grandfather name was Francesco (Frank ) orlando , He left there after she Died and he is buried here in Gloucester Mass.

Thank you again
Debbie
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

There is no additional info about her parents in this record. There is also no info about her marital state or about her spouse. The record just states that she confessed (prior to her death) and also had been administered the Sacrament of Exteme Unction, which was the Sacrament administered to those dying-also called the Last Rites. That is all the important info from this record.

With church records, the info recorded was at the discretion of the parish priest. As a result, some church records include more info than others.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Here's their marriage record, left page, left column bottom record

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351092701

Dated Jan 11, 1891
The banns were announced in church and resulted in no impediments to the marriage.
The groom, Francesco Orlando, had never before been married and was the legitimate and natural son of of Antonino Orlando and Filippa Ciaramitaro.
The bride, Margherita Aielllo, also never before married, was the leg and natural daughter of deceased Rosario Aiello and living Antonia Ventimiglia.
The parents gave their consent to the marriage.
Witnesses were Gaspare Ciolino and Salvatore Aiello.

Erudita
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Hi Erudita,
Thank you this is so great!! I was wondering How about any info on Joanna Ciaramitaro, she was born their and she left there after with my Great grandfather Frank Orlando after Margherita died is what I understand. Any info on her I would appreciate !!!
Thanks
Debbie..
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Debbie
This Giovanna was going to her husband Francesco Orlando, so I gather this was his wife after Margherita Aiello. I can't find their marriage record among the church records though which only go to 1911. It may be there, but there doesn't seem to be indices for every year and you would have to go image by image to try to find it.

First Name : Giovanna
Last Name : Ciaramitaro
Nationality : Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence : Terrasini, Sicily
Date of Arrival : December 4th, 1913
Age at Arrival : 37y
Marital Status : Married
Ship of Travel : San Guglielmo
Port of Departure : Palermo
Manifest Line Number : 0022

I also cannot find the baptism record for Margherita Aiello and I have searched the years 1865-1871.

Erudita
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Debbie, by your email.. you said that Domenico Orlando was the son of Francesco Orlando and Margherita Aiello... but instead the find:

Domenico ORLANDO baptized in Terrasini on 22 Oct 1900 son of Francesco Orlando and Anna Ciaramitaro

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351060101
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Margherita Aiello was baptized in Terrasini on 31 Mar 1866 daughter of Rosario Aiello and Antonia Ventimiglia ( in latin, second box, left page)

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351223601
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

suanj wrote:Margherita Aiello was baptized in Terrasini on 31 Mar 1866 daughter of Rosario Aiello and Antonia Ventimiglia ( in latin, second box, left page)

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351223601
suanj
Thanks for finding this, suanj. I only looked at records starting in the latter part of April in the years I checked.

Erudita
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Hi Erudita

I was wondering could you research Anna Ciaramitaro? I think she really is Joanna or Johanna Ciaramitaro my Grandfather left with after Margherita died. I wish I knew more about her But I don;t. I just know she lived there in Terrasini and her sister was Brigitta Ciaramitaro ,

Also Keep coming up with the mother mother name with Filippa Fatio and Father name with
Mercurio Ciaramitaro , But not sure...

Thank you
Debbie