Iganzio Sunseri Pirotto birth record, Trabia, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Iganzio Sunseri Pirotto birth record, Trabia, Sicily

Post by Marlena »

Hello, Would you please verify that this is a birth for a son, Ignazio Sunseri Pirotto, son of Luciano and Orsola Cancilla. Also, I can't make out his birth date and if there is other family mentioned.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245876002

Thanks as always,
Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Iganzio Sunseri Pirotto birth record, Trabia, Sicily

Post by liviomoreno »

Ignazio Sunseri Pirotto was born 15 April 1839, son of Luciano (aged 39) and Orsola Cancilla (aged 38)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

To add to what Livio :D has provided above...

Ignazio was baptized on the 16th at the Parish Church in Trabia.
The other names given on the second page are witnesses to the recording of the birth act and often no relation to the family.

T.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Thank you Livio and Tessa78,
I found Iganzio's marriage document, can you tell me the date and his wife, Salvadora's, last name?
I think her mother is Marina Cardone and father Pietro. Is the "di anni" the birth year? I can't read either one, can you help with that also? Thank you, Again!

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245876002
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The document is not the actual marriage record but a certificate dated Dec 12 1862, stated tha the "banns" were posted on Oct 12 1862 snd there was no opposition to the marriage.
Groom: Ignazio Sunseri Pirotto 23yo farmer son of Luciano and late Orsola Cancilla
Bride: Salvadora Scorsone, single, 27yo, daughter of deceased Pietro and living Marina Cordone
The actual marriage should have occurred few days later...

Image 310 holds Pietro Scorsone's death record.
Pietro died Nov 2 1861, aged 58, he was born in Ciminna, he was a blacksmith husband of Marina Cordone and son of late Francesco and late Francesca Galoppo.

Image 309 holds Orsola Cancilla's death record
Orsola died March 19 1856, aged 60, born in Trabia, wife of Luciano Sunseri Pirotto, daughter of deceased Francesco and deceased Anna Tardio

Image 308 holds Salvadora Scorsone's birth record
Salvadora was born in Trabia June 3 1835, her father was Pietro aged 38 and her mother Marina Cordone 26yo

Image 307 holds the same Salvadora Scorsone's birth record

Image 306 holds Ignazio Sunseri Pirotto's birth record
Ignazio was born in Trabia on April 15 1839, son of Luciano aged 39 and Orsola Cancilla Aged 38
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Liviomoreno ! Oh, this was unexpected! Thank you so much for the info and the page links. I am so grateful for all the help.