Latin handwriting/translation help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Latin handwriting/translation help

Post by Robin B Mc »

Okay, let me know if this image doesn't show up - since I can't attached images anymore I'm going to link to the file from my ancestry.com tree. I can view it even when I'm logged out of ancestry.com so hopefully that means everyone else can see it too. If you need to see a larger version of it, here's the direct link: http://mediasvc.ancestry.com/v2/image/n ... nt=TreesUI

This should be a copy of a birth record ca. 1805 for Domenico Buttari, son of Michele, found in his marriage processetti, but I can't make anything out. I don't even see a year anywhere! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ETA: Just realized I can't make anything out because it's in Latin! Excellent. Just when I was getting good at reading Italian...

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Latin handwriting/translation help

Post by erudita74 »

Parish of S. Nicola in Monteroduni

Baptism on June 16, 1805 of Serafino Domenico Buttari, son of Michele Buttari (son of Giulio Buttari) and Lorenza Foglietta (dau of Giuseppe Foglietta). The parish priest was GiovannBattista Scioli.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

the godmother was Arminta Foglietta.
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robin B Mc »