Opinions on ages

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Opinions on ages

Post by Robin B Mc »

Looking for the death record of Giovanna Palladino, who was born sometime around 1825 and lived in Monteroduni. Her daughter's marriage record from 1879 says she was definitely living at the time (not just a lack of "fu" but it actually said she's living - see this topic: http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/l ... 69#p226269 ). In the Monteroduni death records for 1866-1900, there's only two Giovanna Palladinos but I'm having trouble reading them.

The one from 1889 is really hard to read because the microfilm image was blurred but I THINK is says she's 19 or something in the teens, thus making her far too young to be the Giovanna I'm looking for:

http://mediasvc.ancestry.com/v2/image/n ... nt=TreesUI

The other record is from 1897 and although the image is clearer, the hand writing isn't great but I think it says her age is 74, making her birth year approximately 1823, which would be about right for the Giovanna I'm looking for:

http://mediasvc.ancestry.com/v2/image/n ... nt=TreesUI

Am I right about the ages? And what are the parent's names for the 1897 record?

Thanks in advance.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Opinions on ages

Post by adelfio »

Hi Robin
11 years old and 74 years old

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

in the first record, the age at death is 10 months, not 11 years old

Erudita
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robin B Mc »

Thanks everyone, sounds like the first record is of someone far too young regardless of the specific age. Any ideas on the parents names in the second record?
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Gennaro and Andriana. I'm not sure about the mother's surname. It looks like Tambuna', but there is no such name. Tambussa'? After the "b" it get's very uncertain. I suppose it could be a "cu" instead of the "m".
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I read Andreana Tamburro, which is a valid surname in the region
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robin B Mc »

Thanks folks, I found further records with the parents names and they are indeed Gennaro Palladino and Andreana Tamburro.