Whats the difference?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Whats the difference?

Post by vspeciale66 »

Hi all,
So far I found 4 distinct Marriage records for my Gr Gr Grandparents Melchiorre and Giuseppa Rosa Simminotta. Can some one tell me why there are four records listed for them in 1873? And what the major differences are? Does one say anything different than the others?
Attachments
Melchiorre and rosa simonetta marriage 3.jpg
Melchiorre and rosa simonetta marriage record.jpg
giuseppa and Mechlirroe marriage record.jpg
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Whats the difference?

Post by vspeciale66 »

The fourth file...
Attachments
Melchioree and rosa marriage 4.jpg
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Whats the difference?

Post by Tessa78 »

When a couple intended to marry, they were required by law to publicize (post banns) of their intended marriage. This was done on 2 consecutive Sundays and sometimes a Thursday prior to the ceremony. This provided the opportunity for anyone who had an objection to the marriage to come forward. The banns were the Pubblicazione, and that is what you have posted along with the actual Act of Marriage.
They give basically the same information.

T.