sigimundo Salomone & Angela Di Gregario? Marriage 1695

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

sigimundo Salomone & Angela Di Gregario? Marriage 1695

Post by stokkster1 »

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Oh my I am having great luck finding my family I never thought I would ever get this far back, you are all so very wonderful, all the help you give could never be repaid, I hope one day to be bale to help also :)

okay so I have Sigimaondo Salamone(i) and Angels di Gregario (pretty sure i have misspelled this :oops:

Married July 28 1695 looks like he may be from somewhere else? Minntreta? looks like father might be Marco & Olinsea? Then Angela Grigoli father francesco? and Aleonora? not sure what else this says, since I can only figure out dates and names thus far.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: sigimundo Salomone & Angela Di Gregario? Marriage 1695

Post by liviomoreno »

Cannot find any July 28 1695 record
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

liviomoreno wrote:Cannot find any July 28 1695 record

Sorry It's page 18

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

stokkster1 wrote:https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Oh my I am having great luck finding my family I never thought I would ever get this far back, you are all so very wonderful, all the help you give could never be repaid, I hope one day to be bale to help also :)

okay so I have Sigismondo Salamone(i) and Angela Gregoli (pretty sure i have misspelled this :oops:

Married July 28 1695 looks like he may be from somewhere else? Mistretta (written as Minstretta) looks like father might be Marco & Olinsea?Can't read it) Then Angela Grigoli father francesco? and Aleonora? not sure what else this says, since I can only figure out dates and names thus far.
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

liviomoreno wrote:
stokkster1 wrote:https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

okay so I have Sigismondo Salamone(i) and Angela Gregoli (pretty sure i have misspelled this :oops:

Married July 28 1695 looks like he may be from somewhere else? Mistretta (written as Minstretta) looks like father might be Marco & Olinsea?Can't read it) Then Angela Grigoli father francesco? and Aleonora? not sure what else this says, since I can only figure out dates and names thus far.

Do you think his mothers name could be Pha? it looks like Pha, then the Olin? then et Angela?
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

The word "olim" is not part of the name but signifies the end of the information for that person. You can usually see it after both the bride and groom's parents, although I don't see in after the bride in this entry (but you can see it in the other entries on the page). The name is "Pha," an abbreviation for Philippa = Filippa.

I think Livio just mistyped Grigoli as "Gregoli" in one place above, since the spelling is clear. The groom was from Mistretta but resided at the time of the marriage in Montelepre. The bride's father was the deceased Francesco and her mother Aleonora (=Eleonora =Leonora) was still alive.

The date looks like 26 July to me.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Yes the date is 26.
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

carubia wrote:The word "olim" is not part of the name but signifies the end of the information for that person. You can usually see it after both the bride and groom's parents, although I don't see in after the bride in this entry (but you can see it in the other entries on the page). The name is "Pha," an abbreviation for Philippa = Filippa.

I think Livio just mistyped Grigoli as "Gregoli" in one place above, since the spelling is clear. The groom was from Mistretta but resided at the time of the marriage in Montelepre. The bride's father was the deceased Francesco and her mother Aleonora (=Eleonora =Leonora) was still alive.

The date looks like 26 July to me.
I have a quick question, because I am a bit confused, The index for this marriage clearly says Sigismondo Salamone to Angela di Gregiro, the record it self at the top says Ang. Gregiro, like maybe he had a first wife???? but I do clearly see where he is marrying Angela Grigoli, could this have been a mispelling, I question this because the older records are just showing the name di Gregiro in the area and the index to this marriage list her as di Gregiro, could the two name be the same???
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

I don't see "Ang. Gregiro" anywhere in this record. I see what looks like "@ 29 Giugnis" (at 29 June), which is the date of one of the banns.