Marcuccio's from Ruviano-looking for siblings

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LJMarcucio

Marcuccio's from Ruviano-looking for siblings

Post by LJMarcucio »

I am looking for the siblings of my great grandfather, Stefano Marcuccio, born 1872 in Ruviano. Going through the birth and death records in Ruviano and Caiazzo on FamilySearch I was able to to find 5 other siblings. Stefano's parents are Antonio Marcuccio and Giovanna Lostritto. The only sibling that I knew of prior to my search was an older brother or half-brother(?) Diodato Marcuccio. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any birth or death records for him or his wife Maddelena Ponsillo. I am fairly certain that they did not emigrate to the US. I would really like to corroborate the Stefano/Diodato relationship. I know that one of Diodato's sons, Raffaele, did come to Waterbury, CT. My question is what are my options, if any, for locating the birth, death, or marriage record for Diodato Marcuccio born sometime in the mid 1800's??? One final note: I do know that Stefano's grandparents were Diodato Marcuccio and Mariarosa Insero. Therefore, I am surmising that Antonio & Giovanna named their first born son, Diodato, after Antonio's father Diodato. I would like to prove this so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Marcuccio's from Ruviano-looking for siblings

Post by Tessa78 »

Do not know if you found this...
Here is a son, Alessandro, born to Antonio Marcuccio and Giovanna Lostritto in 1866. :-)
Antonio is age 42, and son of deceased Diodato.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043630

Have you checked the marriage records to locate this possible sibling, Diodato? Be sure to check the pubblicazione records in case his wife was from a different town. The marriage usually took place in the bride's hometown, but would have been indexed under his surname.

T.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi,
Diodato MARCUCCIO was born in Ruviano and he was the son of Stefano MARCUCCIO and Felicia ANZIANO; Diodato married in Caiazzo to Maria Maddalena PONSILLO on 16 Nov 1890; Diodato was 32 old and Maria Maddalena 21 old
http://interactive.ancestry.it/1893/317 ... 1149-00116
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Great find, suanj :-D

Here is the image.
Click once to enlarge and again to magnify

T.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thanks Tessa!
hugs,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
LJMarcucio

Post by LJMarcucio »

Thanks both of you!! Because suanj gave the year I found the record as well :) just more confused now. Now I know that my GGF Stefano and Diodato had different parents so they were not brothers or half brothers like we always thought. Diodato's son, Raffaele, emigrated to the US in 1926 and on one of the Ellis Island manifests lists Diodato as his father and Stefano as his uncle. So I'm guessing they were cousins???? Could it be that my GGF Stefano's father, Antonio, and Diodato's father, Stefano, were brothers??? I know that sometimes people refer to someone as an uncle when they really aren't out of respect. Do you think that could be the case here??
@Tessa I did find Alessandro but unfortunately he died as a child :(
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi,
I believe that Diodato and your Stefano was cousins...
and the their fathers was brothers..

if you can find almosty the death records of Stefano sr and Antonio, you can know if they was really brothers, because the parent's names must be the sames....
best regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
LJMarcucio

Post by LJMarcucio »

Hi,
I found Antonio's death record so I know his parents so now I will focus on finding Stefano's
THANK you SO much. I now have a different course to follow. It's just crazy what we believed
all these years is NOT TRUE.
Tommaso Tartaglione

Post by Tommaso Tartaglione »

Hello, my name is Tommaso Tartaglione and I am from Caserta, near Caiazzo and Ruviano.
I am a local history researcher of whom I have published three books. I am an expert genealogist and in my research I have found many Marcuccio and I have reconstructed a family tree until 1530. If my research and my work can help I am available.
Jojim

Post by Jojim »

Hello Tommaso,

My name is Josephine Tartaglione. I was wondering whether you have done your family tree and whether we may be related somehow. Would love to hear from you. My family was from San Severo in Foggia.

Josephine