Giuseppe De Caro: Need help with translation of processetti document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
pmhgen

Giuseppe De Caro: Need help with translation of processetti document

Post by pmhgen »

My ancestors, Giuseppe De Caro and Teresa Briglio, were married in 1821. The FHL film has a processetti document that might refer to the groom's birth (20-Dec-1797). In that document it refers to a "Libro de ????? ?????". Can someone tell me what book this reference is to and what the document in general is?

Thank you!
Attachments
FamilySearch.org Registri dello stato civile di Altilia (Cosenza), 1809-1910, Nati, processetti, notificazioni, matrimoni, morti 1812-1828, [1329778]
FamilySearch.org Registri dello stato civile di Altilia (Cosenza), 1809-1910, Nati, processetti, notificazioni, matrimoni, morti 1812-1828, [1329778]
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppe De Caro: Need help with translation of processetti document

Post by erudita74 »

I can't decipher the reference to the book from which the record was produced, but I can tell you that it is a baptism record for Giuseppe, son of legitimate parents... because I see "tenuto nel Sacro Fonte da Nicolina Ajello." -held at the sacred font by Nicolina Ajello (that was his godmother). The parents' names are difficult to decipher.The mother's surname was Esposito. Her first name ends in angela.
Erudita
pmhgen

Post by pmhgen »

Erudita, thank you so much! The record helps me understand that Giuseppe's birth must have been very close to baptism date. His parents are Francesco De Caro and Arcangela Esposito.
Gus
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. The baptism would have either been the same day as his birth or normally within a day or two of the date of the birth. I think the word before l'anno is the word nato (born) with a very fancy letter N at the beg of the word, so I think his date of birth was on the 20th. I was going to guess Francesco and Arcangela as the parents' first names, but assumed you already knew their names since you had Giuseppe's marriage record.
Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I believe the reference is "libro de viventi", book of the living people, hence baptism register
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

liviomoreno wrote:I believe the reference is "libro de viventi", book of the living people, hence baptism register

Livio,
I've never seen this before in any baptism record but believe you are correct. Can you decipher the word which follows viventi?
Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

... avendo perquisito il libro de viventi ritrovo al Folio 39 ...

I also never saw the above wording.
A weird one was I encountered was "liber copulatorum", book of marriages! :roll:
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Livio
I saw the ovo at the end, but was stumped on the beginning. Thanks for helping me with this. Also I'll keep an eye out for the book of marriages, but I think that one I would have figured out on my own, had I seen it and been able to decipher the script.
Erudita
pmhgen

Post by pmhgen »

Thank you Livio!