Guiseppa Palazolo Death Record - Help Transcribing

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Mezzo8

Guiseppa Palazolo Death Record - Help Transcribing

Post by Mezzo8 »

Good morning board.

I need help transcribing this death record. The italian handwriting is a little much for me to read. I am specifically trying to figure out who the husband is. It looks like an official but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks for any help!

Mathias
Attachments
G P DR
G P DR
G Palazolo Death Rec
G Palazolo Death Rec
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Guiseppa Palazolo Death Record - Help Transcribing

Post by liviomoreno »

Giuseppa Palazzolo died in Palermo, in the mental hospital, on May 18 1893. Born in Mezzojuso, she was the daughter of Vito and of Eduarda Majola and the widow of (no first name) Barna.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

liviomoreno wrote:Giuseppa Palazzolo died in Palermo, in the mental hospital, on May 18 1893. Born in Mezojuso, she was the daughter of Vito and of Eduarda Majola and the widow of (no first name) Barna.
Just to add to Livio's :D information...
The original record can be found (according to this document) in Palermo City, Ufficio 1, Volume 1, Parte II, #286, in year 1893. :D

T.
Mezzo8

Post by Mezzo8 »

Thanks for the information and the translation. (Sorry it took me so long to get back...the notifications were set up weird on my account.) I tried looking for the original record on Palermo but I had trouble finding it. The volumes and record sequences/numbers did not match up. Is there a specific set of records (besides death records) I should be looking in?

Also, this leads be into a second question. Is it often that other cities or town have records of the smaller communes? What is the best way to search? How would I know? Church records?
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Mezzo8 - I am also relatively new here, but can answer this question. I have found the Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford Cole a very good resource. You can get it on Amazon. In it, there is a fuller explanation as to the reasoning of records, as well as handwriting interpretation and translation of common words. As a non-Italian speaking person, it has been helpful. In any case, the question you asked is where the records are kept. In this book, it is explained that, essentially, the record follows the person. They may be born in Napoli, but marry in Palermo. The birth act will be in Napoli, the marriage record in Palermo, but a notation is sent to Napoli. It's an interesting system. As you search, go first to the province, then to the town. There seem to be many communes encompassed with the province and this will give you better results. Also note that the marriage information may be noted as a side bar to the original birth act. Hope this helps...happy searching.... Peonygirl
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
Mezzo8

Post by Mezzo8 »

liviomoreno wrote:Giuseppa Palazzolo died in Palermo, in the mental hospital, on May 18 1893. Born in Mezzojuso, she was the daughter of Vito and of Eduarda Majola and the widow of (no first name) Barna.
Liviomoreno, you translated this death record, citing that Guiseppa Palazolo died in a mental hospital. Does the record mention the reason why she was there? The condition or cause?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Giuseppa Palazolo Death Record

Post by liviomoreno »

Mezzo8 wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:Giuseppa Palazzolo died in Palermo, in the mental hospital, on May 18 1893. Born in Mezzojuso, she was the daughter of Vito and of Eduarda Majola and the widow of (no first name) Barna.
Liviomoreno, you translated this death record, citing that Guiseppa Palazolo died in a mental hospital. Does the record mention the reason why she was there? The condition or cause?
No, the record does not state why Giuseppa (this is the correct spelling) was there
Mezzo8

Post by Mezzo8 »

Would any record indicate what and why she may have been there? Or did Italian records not generally have that type of description?