Translation for Grandfather Antonio Pareti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ecparetti

Translation for Grandfather Antonio Pareti

Post by ecparetti »

I am looking for a translation of the death record of my grandfather, Antonio Pareti. Have not had much luck
with Google Translate, as the script is difficult to read. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I have copied the web pages correctly. Unfortunately, the entire record was written out, rather than using a preprinted form, as I have seen in the same year. Records came from the Family History Catalog. Thank you. ecparetti

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1482818
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1482818
arturo.c
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Translation for Grandfather Antonio Pareti

Post by arturo.c »

Atto di morte n. 2, parte II, serie C

L'anno 1923, addì 23 di aprile, alle ore 11 nella Casa Comunale, io Giuffra dott. Biagio, Sindaco ed Ufficiale di Stato Civile del Comune di Santo Stefano d'Aveto, avendo ricevuto dall'Ufficiale di Stato Civile del Comune di Chiavari copia di atto di morte, l'ho esattamente trascritta come segue:

L'anno 1923, addì 10 di aprile, alle ore 8 e minuti 30 nella Casa Comunale, io sottoscritto Gaetano Lando', reggente l'Ufficio di Stato Civile, delegato dal prosindaco con atto del 18 novembre 1919, debitamente approvato Ufficiale di Stato Civile del Comune di Chiavari, Provincia di Genova, avendo ricevuto dal Signor Giuseppe Lando', segretario dell'Ospedale Civile, un avviso in data di ieri relativo alla morte di cui in appresso e che, munito del mio visto inserisco nel volume degli allegati a questo registro, dò atto che alle ore 18 e minuti 45 del giorno 1° del corrente mese e in detto Ospedale, è morto Pareti Antonio, nato a S. Stefano d'Aveto, domiciliato a S. Stefano d'Aveto (Villa Pareto) di anni 32 di professione manovale, figlio di Giovanni e di Bernardi Domenica; coniugato con Bianesi Teresa.

Eseguita la trascrizione ho munito del mio visto la copia della suddetta ed inserita nel volume degli allegati a questo registro.

L'Ufficiale di Stato Civile.
ecparetti

Post by ecparetti »

To: Arturo.C

Thank you for your translation, as I did not expect such a quick response. I do have a couple of questions. If I am reading correctly, was the death of Antonio Pareti on April 1 at 6:45 PM or on April 10 at 8:30 AM, I was not quite sure. Did these records typically state the cause of death.
The phrase "professione monovale", did that mean he was a laborer of some sort. I know he worked as a glassworker on Bleecker Street in the village. The "Villa Pareto" phrase, does that mean "house of Pareti" or could it refer to a family farm he worked on. The next to last sentence refers to my grandmother, "Teresa Vianesi di Andrea", which I believe was her Father's name, Andrea.
When looking thru the Family History records, I also came across the death record of my paternal great grandmother, Domenica Bernardi. Could I forward the web addresses to you for translation. I have not found any records for my great grandfather, Giovanni Pareti, who I believe was still alive when Antonio passed.
As my grandfather went back to Italy when my father was just 1 in 1922, nothing was ever discussed. I have tried to contact the Stato Civile in Santo Stefano, but have not had any success. I am going to try and contact the local church in town.
Again thank you for your time. Edward Paretti
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

arturo.c wrote:... è morto Pareti Antonio, nato a S. Stefano d'Aveto, domiciliato a S. Stefano d'Aveto (Villa Pareto) di anni 33 di professione manovale, figlio del vivo Giovanni e della viva Bernardi Domenica; coniugato con Bianesi Teresa di Andrea.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

ecparetti wrote:To: Arturo.C

Thank you for your translation, as I did not expect such a quick response. I do have a couple of questions. If I am reading correctly, was the death of Antonio Pareti on April 1 at 6:45 PM (YES) or on April 10 at 8:30 AM, I was not quite sure. Did these records typically state the cause of death. (rarely, but you might see cause if death in a hospital)
The phrase "professione manovale", did that mean he was a laborer of some sort. (YES, usually unskilled) I know he worked as a glassworker on Bleecker Street in the village. The "Villa Pareto" phrase, does that mean "house of Pareti" or could it refer to a family farm he worked on. (Pareto is a small hamlet/village of the comune of Santo Stefano) The next to last sentence refers to my grandmother, "Teresa Bianesi di Andrea", which I believe was her Father's name, Andrea. (YES)
When looking thru the Family History records, I also came across the death record of my paternal great grandmother, Domenica Bernardi. Could I forward the web addresses to you for translation. I have not found any records for my great grandfather, Giovanni Pareti, who I believe was still alive when Antonio passed.
As my grandfather went back to Italy when my father was just 1 in 1922, nothing was ever discussed. I have tried to contact the Stato Civile in Santo Stefano, but have not had any success. I am going to try and contact the local church in town.
Again thank you for your time. Edward Paretti
T.