HELP!!! Marriage of Lucia Prestianni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Athena
Elite
Elite

HELP!!! Marriage of Lucia Prestianni

Post by Athena »

I think I have the wrong husband for Lucia. Please help! I could make out some names, I need to know if this
Lucia is the daughter of Damiana Gulino and Giovanni Prestianni.
It starts on pg 1610 and continues to 1611

Marriage of Santo Lo Presti to Lucia Prestianni

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Athena
Elite
Elite

Re: HELP!!! Marriage of Lucia Prestianni

Post by Athena »

This is a marriage record of Lucia Prestianni and Micheal Consocenti.
Please need it to be translated for me. I think I have the marriage of Lucia wrong.
In this record can someone tell me Lucia's parents names and what it says?

Thank you so much
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

the top record is the marriage of Santo Lo Presti and Lucia Prestianni.
Appearing at the town hall of Castelbuono on March 30, 1908 was Santi Lo Presti, age 29, the son of deceased Giuseppe. He was requesting that a marriage certificate be transcribed into the town's registers. The marriage had taken place in NYC in the Catholic Church of Santa Brigida (St Brigid) and was performed nby Rev Father Giovanni Ferrazzo, according to the rite of the Catholic Church, and in conformity with the laws of NY State. At the time of the marriage he was age 26, a resident in NY, and the son of Giuseppe lo Presti and Antoni Paola. He had been born in Castlebuono. The bride was Signora Luica Prestianni, the daughter of dec Giovanni Prestianni and Damiana Gulino. She was age 17 and had been born in Castelbuono, but was a housewife, and resident in NY. The marriage had taken place on April 15, 1906 in this parish and witnesses were Antonio lo Presti and Mattea Scialateba (I think this is a misspelling of the town surname Scialabba). The copy of the certificate which he brought by to Italy with him, and presented at the Castelbuono town hall, was issued in NYC on Feb 19, 1908 for the parish priest, who at that time was Natale Graziano.

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the NYC marriage in the index

Lopresti Santo Apr 15 1906 #8995 Manhattan

Prestianni Lucia Apr 15 1906 #8995 Manhattan

T.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thanks, T.
I was just typing out the other marriage record. The bottom record is dated Nov 18, 1905 at 2 P..M,. in Castelbuono. Appearing was Antonio Conoscenti, age 58, a peasant, the son of Mariano, who presented a marriage certificate that he was requesting be transcribed into the town's registers. The marriage had taken place in the Parish of the Immaculate Conception in NY between Michele Conoscenti of Antonio Conoscenti and Anna Ciolino, and Lucia Prestianni of Giachino Prestianni and Damiana Gulino. The ceremony was performed by Rev Father Antonio Cataggio on Feb 26, 1905, according to the laws and rites of the Catholic Church, in the presence of witnesses Vincenzo Rossato and Vincenzo Mazzola.

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Glad to help!

Here is the other marriage in NYC

Piestiami Lucia Feb 25 1905 #5232 Manhattan

Conoscenti Michele Feb 26 1905 #5232 Manhattan

T.
Athena
Elite
Elite

Post by Athena »

Thank you both. However I'm so confused!
I have no clue which one is the right Lucia Prestianni, was there more then one Lucia with the same parents names being Giovanni Prestianni and Domiana Gulino?

What would you both do in this situation?

Tracy
Athena
Elite
Elite

Post by Athena »

Ok, so I see one father is Giachino and the other one is Giovanni, but their wives have the same name.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Yes that seems to be the difference. Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Tracy
I don't know if you have the marriage records of the two Damiana Gulino's. I found that they both married in 1885. The one married Giacchino Prestianni and the other married Giovanni Prestianni. The records are #16 and #100. The one who married Giacchino was 24 at the time of her marriage with different parents than the one who married Giovanni who was 19. So they were NOT the same women.

Image #344 of 1779-Giacchino Prestianni and Damiana Gulino
Image #386 of 1739-Giovanni Prestianni and Damiana Gulino

Erudita
Athena
Elite
Elite

Post by Athena »

OMG!!! Thank you so much.
You are so great! How do you find them so fast? Is their a way of putting in a person's name and it pops up?
I look at all the records one by one which take me forever and I don't even know what they say (lol) I just look at the names. I know there's an easy way I just don't know it yet.

AGAIN U R GREAT!!!!
Athena
Elite
Elite

Post by Athena »

Giacchino his is mother's name Lucia Minutella? That's what it looks like to me, father's name was it Santo or Santi? can't make it out. Didn't see Damiana Parents. Wish they printed, that way I could use the Italian to english translation online. So hard to make it out.
I found the name Lucia Minutella and Santo- Santi on Giovanni Prestianni's record.

figlio di- this means son of, right? Next to the is the name Santi-Santo and same name for mother.
Athena
Elite
Elite

Post by Athena »

It looks like Damiana's father's name is Pasquale and the mother Nunzia Ciero? I'm I right? She is the wife of Giovanni.

Damiana Gulino does it say her mother is Antonia Failla? It looks like her fathers name starts with an E.

I think all my info his wrong. These two women with the same name are confusing me.
They both came to the same address, one of them going to see her father Pasquale, same children's names. WOW, this is going to be lots of work.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Link to the index

Gioacchino Prestianni and Damiana Gulino, record # 16
Giovanni Prestianni and Damiana Gulino, record #100.

The Prestianni men were brothers with the same parents. Their father deceased Santo Prestianni and their mother Lucia Minutella.

The marriage of Gioacchino Prestianni and Damiana Gulino Jan. 25, 1885
Her parents Epifano Gulino and dec Antonia Failla

The marriage of Giovanni Prestianni and Damiana Gulino on Nov 12, 1885.
Her parents: Pasquale Gulino and Nunzia Cicero.

Erudita

BTW, you should look for the indices, every 50 images or so. Once you go up 50 images, then look at the date on the record and just arbitrarily take a guess at what image the year might end with. Then try that image number and hopefully you will find an index. Much quicker and easier than going page by page.
Athena
Elite
Elite

Post by Athena »

I had a feeling they were brother's, it was just going to take me a lot work to figure it out. As they had so many people going to the same houses when they would come to visit.
Here's what I'm guessing that Epifano and Pasquale are brother's or maybe cousins.
I've seen the name CICERO in many records that I've come across married to a Prestianni or a Failla.

Thank you for helping me, I can't even tell you how I appreciate it!