Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I was writing something in Italian and I was wondering if it is correct to say:
"Questa non era la prima, e sicuramente non sarebbe stata l'ultima, volta che Signor Alberto ci avrebbe parlato del nostro comportamento. Eppure, questa volta ci pareva che non avrebbe mai smesso di chiaccherare com se stesso. Quanto tempo passò? Io non lo sapevo, e neanche il resto dei miei compagni."
I would really appreciate the help because I sometimes confuse my tenses in cases such as these.
I was writing something in Italian and I was wondering if it is correct to say:
"Questa non era la prima, e sicuramente non sarebbe stata l'ultima, volta che Signor Alberto ci avrebbe parlato del nostro comportamento. Eppure, questa volta ci pareva che non avrebbe mai smesso di chiaccherare com se stesso. Quanto tempo passò? Io non lo sapevo, e neanche il resto dei miei compagni."
I would really appreciate the help because I sometimes confuse my tenses in cases such as these.
PS:
Is the expression "sprecare molto tempo" correct?
"Questa non era la prima, e sicuramente non sarebbe stata l'ultima, volta che il signor Alberto ci avrebbe parlato del nostro comportamento.
Eppure, questa volta ci pareva che non avrebbe mai smesso di chiaccherare con se stesso. Quanto tempo passò? Io non lo sapevo, e neanche il resto dei miei compagni."
Ps: yes, but better "sciupare molto tempo"
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Which conditions may have an effect - positive or negative - on your Italian family history project. The following insights, based on many years of experience in Italy, pertain to factors that have very little to do with Italian genealogy per se, but involve vast cultural differences that influence ...