Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I was writing something in Italian and I was wondering if it is correct to say:
"Questa non era la prima, e sicuramente non sarebbe stata l'ultima, volta che Signor Alberto ci avrebbe parlato del nostro comportamento. Eppure, questa volta ci pareva che non avrebbe mai smesso di chiaccherare com se stesso. Quanto tempo passò? Io non lo sapevo, e neanche il resto dei miei compagni."
I would really appreciate the help because I sometimes confuse my tenses in cases such as these.
I was writing something in Italian and I was wondering if it is correct to say:
"Questa non era la prima, e sicuramente non sarebbe stata l'ultima, volta che Signor Alberto ci avrebbe parlato del nostro comportamento. Eppure, questa volta ci pareva che non avrebbe mai smesso di chiaccherare com se stesso. Quanto tempo passò? Io non lo sapevo, e neanche il resto dei miei compagni."
I would really appreciate the help because I sometimes confuse my tenses in cases such as these.
PS:
Is the expression "sprecare molto tempo" correct?
"Questa non era la prima, e sicuramente non sarebbe stata l'ultima, volta che il signor Alberto ci avrebbe parlato del nostro comportamento.
Eppure, questa volta ci pareva che non avrebbe mai smesso di chiaccherare con se stesso. Quanto tempo passò? Io non lo sapevo, e neanche il resto dei miei compagni."
Ps: yes, but better "sciupare molto tempo"
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Italians have not invented coffee, yet the passion they have for it makes the rest of world believe they discovered it. Around the end of the sixteen century, it was Venice where coffee was first introduced. Thanks to its trade relationship with the Eastern countries. Initially, coffee was considere...