Document Translations

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jjk_16_21
Rookie
Rookie

Document Translations

Post by jjk_16_21 »

If I wanted to get my documents translated for dual citizenship. Would I be able to have the guys and gals on her translate the documents for me?
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Document Translations

Post by elba »

It would depend what kind of documentation you are thinking of.

Elba.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
jjk_16_21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jjk_16_21 »

For the Dual Citizenship Application, I will need my birth certificate, mothers birth, parents marriage all translated, or do you need to get them professionally done
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

jjk_16_21 wrote:For the Dual Citizenship Application, I will need my birth certificate, mothers birth, parents marriage all translated, or do you need to get them professionally done
Normally for such documents a translator is recommended by the relevant consulate or embassy, and are usually on a list held in these places.
For the Italian Embassy in the United States see this link (just scroll down to Translators - the site is in Italian ans English) -

http://www.italyemb.org/consolati.htm

If you 'browse' the site - their A-Z is very useful.

Elba.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Several consulates--New York among them--do the translations themselves. You might want to check with your local consulate.
pascalena

Post by pascalena »

I had all my documents translated by myitaliancitizenship.com and they did a great job. When they were presented at the consulate, there were no problems. I think it cost about $25 per document page.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

On another forum someone said you could translate them yourself. I've just started, and it's been great fun.