Brignole family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bring

Brignole family

Post by bring »

Does anyone know anything about the Brignole's from Borzanasca, Ligiria? Pariahs: marriages, baptisms, deaths?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Brignole family

Post by Tessa78 »

There are some digitized records for Borzonasca online for you to view (in Italian)
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

As you see in this birth index for 1889 in Borzonasca, there are a few Brignole born that year (Maria Teresa; Maria Angela Giusta; and Maria Luigia)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1911346

Do you have particular people in mind?
If you provide a few details (names, approx. years of birth/death/marriage) we can help you search.

T.
bring

Post by bring »

My grt-grandfather Pietro Brignole dob: Jan 1842 +/- a couple of years, I found out through y-DNA that his father was a Mare', but his mother was a Brignole. A family member Agostina was found in the main parish records but no one else. Agostina's dob:1834, parents were Giuseppe & Mary Brignole(i) (maiden Sbarbaro dob 1813, died in the US). Giuseppe died in Italy and is buried in Borzonasca.

Agostina was suppose to have other sisters: A Rose, Maria, Corlotta, Filmena and one or two others?

I was wondering if one these sisters were Pietro's mother? It looks like Peter came to the US with Mary the mother, Agostina and a couple of other younger sisters. Some remained in Italy; the older sisters. These older sisters would of been old enough to have a child in '40-'42.. The Mare' lived just outside Boronasca. There is a Lazzaro Mare' dob: 1848 birth place unk but died in Campaino; maybe half-brother or cousin?

It appears as if Pietro's mother and father were not married. He went by Brignole (which turned into Bringley).

Would an illegitimate child still be baptized? Would an aunt or grand mother raise him? Thank you.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

ALL Italian babies were baptized! Even if the parents weren't married it didn't mean they didn't raise their children. Italian women keep their birth name all their lives, married or not. Children usually took the surname of the father if he was known and married to the mother.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
bring

Post by bring »

So one of the parishes in Boronasca should have a baptism record on him, and the church would list the parents names even if the parents weren't married? Is there any reason why he would of not taken his fathers name?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If his mother choose not to recognized on the birth record or marriage record.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Is this her on the shipmanfest?

https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/74 ... PUBJs=true

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
bring

Post by bring »

Can't find a ship manifest. Don't have a Port of Call. Some immigrants came through Canada then crossed the boarder to the US, not all were recorded.
bring

Post by bring »

I checked that ship-manifest you put the link to. The birth dates are too late, but I think they are the same family. Would there be ship-manifest for a French ship leaving Genoa around 1859?
bring

Post by bring »

Tessa 78: I tried the links you gave me to family search. Are there any ways to find birth records before 1866?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

There are no digitized records that I am aware of prior to 1866.

You can write directly to the comune to request records.

T.