Possible "russo" info

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
FDooks
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 03 Nov 2005, 00:00

Possible "russo" info

Post by FDooks »

Good day everybody,

How was everybody been? I haven't been here in quite some time. New job requires alot of travel and now I'm finally home for good!

I am back on my search. I have been able to gain much info since last time but I am still stuck on my great grandmother. If anybody has any information, that would be great.

Grace Russo (married became Cordova after marring Samuel)

-Born in Palermo 7/4/1896 - 9/4/1987. I believe Grace came over with Samuel to Youngstown, Ohio. That's where my grandmother was born.

We confirmed that parents for Samuel Cordova (husband of Grace) were Giovanni Cordova and Francesca Belfiore.

Any related info to either would be much appreciated.
Looking for information on the names:
D'Amore, DeLuca, Cordova, Russo, Petrino, DiGiacomo

Any help is greatly appreciated.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Possible "russo" info

Post by nuccia »

Here is a list of the Grazia Russo's goung through Ellis Isand.

http://stevemorse.org/goulnik/match1.ph ... &dwpdone=1

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Possible "russo" info

Post by suanj »

FDooks wrote:Good day everybody,

How was everybody been? I haven't been here in quite some time. New job requires alot of travel and now I'm finally home for good!

I am back on my search. I have been able to gain much info since last time but I am still stuck on my great grandmother. If anybody has any information, that would be great.

Grace Russo (married became Cordova after marring Samuel)

-Born in Palermo 7/4/1896 - 9/4/1987. I believe Grace came over with Samuel to Youngstown, Ohio. That's where my grandmother was born.

We confirmed that parents for Samuel Cordova (husband of Grace) were Giovanni Cordova and Francesca Belfiore.

Any related info to either would be much appreciated.
Hi, already, in your previous post, the italiangenealogy memberd provide you the ship's manifest about Grazia, and she was born in Villarosa(Caltanissetta province); it is this your ancestor? you request the birthact in VillaRosa civil records Office? what you need with precision? suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Possible "russo" info

Post by wldspirit »

Nuccia........sometimes posters have already been provided infos, a good way to check for this is to look at the number of post made by poster, check their profile, where you can then access all post made by the poster and see what research has already been done.
Lisa :)
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Possible "russo" info

Post by nuccia »

Lisa,

As Suanj would say... :wink:

Nuccia :D :D :D :D
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Possible "russo" info

Post by wldspirit »

We need new smilies.........these are getting old......... :P
Lisa
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Possible "russo" info

Post by nuccia »

Ok then Lisa! Your wish is my comand! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Better? :P

Nuccia :D
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Possible "russo" info

Post by brujaojos »

FDooks wrote:Good day everybody,

How was everybody been? I haven't been here in quite some time. New job requires alot of travel and now I'm finally home for good!

I am back on my search. I have been able to gain much info since last time but I am still stuck on my great grandmother. If anybody has any information, that would be great.

Grace Russo (married became Cordova after marring Samuel)

-Born in Palermo 7/4/1896 - 9/4/1987. I believe Grace came over with Samuel to Youngstown, Ohio. That's where my grandmother was born.

We confirmed that parents for Samuel Cordova (husband of Grace) were Giovanni Cordova and Francesca Belfiore.

Any related info to either would be much appreciated.
Hi There,

Here is one of your original posts with tons of information on it.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=3770

If you have more questions, be a little more specific and hopefully we'll be able to help you better.

Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
User avatar
FDooks
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 03 Nov 2005, 00:00

Re: Possible "russo" info

Post by FDooks »

Thank you! I completely forgot I posted this before. I did send away a request to Sicily for some records for my grandmother Grace's side but I never received anything back. My father wrote the letter in Italian so it should have been legible.

We'll I'm back all the way to my great great grandparents on my one side but the Russo info was slowing me down. I really wish I could get more info about my D'Amore name but everybody died at an early age and it's hard to fill in the gaps.

Thanks again!
Looking for information on the names:
D'Amore, DeLuca, Cordova, Russo, Petrino, DiGiacomo

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Post Reply