Bernacchia Family
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Bernacchia Family
I am looking for descendants from the Bernacchia family in the Fano Pesaro Urbino area, Marche. Other names included are Cesaroni,Oliva,Mauri,Vagnini and Perlini.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Bernacchia Family
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Bernacchia Family
Check out my blog post on Finding Living relatives.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Thanks for your help. I will check these sites out.
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi there,
I thought I would add some info to my topic. I am looking for info on my great-grandparents. Giuseppe Bernacchia who was born in 1868 in Rosciano (Fano) Pesaro-Urbino. He married Albina Oliva/Uliva and she was born in 1870 in the same place. I am looking for info on their siblings and spouses, as well as, previous generations .
Also, my grandfather is Enrico Bernacchia and he was born in 1894(Rosciano). He came to New York in 1912. Apparently, there were relatives in Albany NY who met him. I am looking for Info on these relatives in Albany. The only link I have is the name Rosa Bernacchia but I think this is her maiden name. I would like to find out her married name, so that I could look for these relatives.
Thank You,
Rick
I thought I would add some info to my topic. I am looking for info on my great-grandparents. Giuseppe Bernacchia who was born in 1868 in Rosciano (Fano) Pesaro-Urbino. He married Albina Oliva/Uliva and she was born in 1870 in the same place. I am looking for info on their siblings and spouses, as well as, previous generations .
Also, my grandfather is Enrico Bernacchia and he was born in 1894(Rosciano). He came to New York in 1912. Apparently, there were relatives in Albany NY who met him. I am looking for Info on these relatives in Albany. The only link I have is the name Rosa Bernacchia but I think this is her maiden name. I would like to find out her married name, so that I could look for these relatives.
Thank You,
Rick
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi Tessa, Biff, Ann and anyone else involved,
I am amazed at the info you are finding for me and how quickly. Here is a situation that my family has been trying to figure out for over a year. My grandfather came to NY in Sept.1912. The ship is theTaormina from Genoa. On the ship manifest it states that my Grandfather,Enrico Bernacchia is going to live with his cousin Attilio Perlini in Sudbury Ontario Canada. We have not been able to find out how Enrico and Attilio are cousins.I have stated in the above post, Enrico's birth info, as well as, his parent's.
Attilio Perlini was born in 1890 in Bellochi, Fano, Pesaro Urbino. His father is Giuseppe Perlini born1865 and his mother is Albina Vagnini born 1869 in Bellochi. Any info on the relationship would be awesome.
Thanks Again,
Rick
I am amazed at the info you are finding for me and how quickly. Here is a situation that my family has been trying to figure out for over a year. My grandfather came to NY in Sept.1912. The ship is theTaormina from Genoa. On the ship manifest it states that my Grandfather,Enrico Bernacchia is going to live with his cousin Attilio Perlini in Sudbury Ontario Canada. We have not been able to find out how Enrico and Attilio are cousins.I have stated in the above post, Enrico's birth info, as well as, his parent's.
Attilio Perlini was born in 1890 in Bellochi, Fano, Pesaro Urbino. His father is Giuseppe Perlini born1865 and his mother is Albina Vagnini born 1869 in Bellochi. Any info on the relationship would be awesome.
Thanks Again,
Rick
Re: Bernacchia Family
It appears that Enrico may have traveled back and forth to Italy...OR...USA
Here is a Border Crossing record (Niagara Falls) in 1944.
It gives information about his Canadian Passport (#) which was valid until November 1945.
Also given is his age (50) and his place of birth (Fano), as well as his C. I. V. # - lists his nationality as Canadian.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1876434
And here is another manifest/crossing in 1916 -
Enrico lists his father Giuseppe in Fano, and his destination (on page 2) is to a friend in Lackawanna, NY - Secondo Adante.
Line 23 (2 pages)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2185163
Here is the border crossing index card from the 1916 visit to Lackawanna.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1876434
T.
Here is a Border Crossing record (Niagara Falls) in 1944.
It gives information about his Canadian Passport (#) which was valid until November 1945.
Also given is his age (50) and his place of birth (Fano), as well as his C. I. V. # - lists his nationality as Canadian.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1876434
And here is another manifest/crossing in 1916 -
Enrico lists his father Giuseppe in Fano, and his destination (on page 2) is to a friend in Lackawanna, NY - Secondo Adante.
Line 23 (2 pages)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2185163
Here is the border crossing index card from the 1916 visit to Lackawanna.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1876434
T.
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Wow, this is really something Tessa. I know my grandfather travelled back and forth to the US because we have relatives there but this Secondo Adante is someone I never heard of. I also didn't know that Giuseppe came over that early. Maybe Enrico went back to Italy to get him? I'm sure that my GGrandmother, Albina didn't come over until later. My grandfather was still working in the mine at Copper Cliff Ontario Canada in 1916 as far as I know and was living with his cousin Atillio Perlini. I will check out the Buffalo NY phone book to see if there are any Adante's still living there. I have been known to cold call people in the US looking for relatives. They have all been very nice to me and I have found relatives that way.
Thanks very much Tessa,
Rick
Thanks very much Tessa,
Rick
Re: Bernacchia Family
Rick Berni wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 23:36 Wow, this is really something Tessa. I know my grandfather travelled back and forth to the US because we have relatives there but this Secondo Adante is someone I never heard of. I also didn't know that Giuseppe came over that early. Maybe Enrico went back to Italy to get him? I'm sure that my GGrandmother, Albina didn't come over until later. My grandfather was still working in the mine at Copper Cliff Ontario Canada in 1916 as far as I know and was living with his cousin Atillio Perlini. I will check out the Buffalo NY phone book to see if there are any Adante's still living there. I have been known to cold call people in the US looking for relatives. They have all been very nice to me and I have found relatives that way.
Thanks very much Tessa,
Rick
Giuseppe was referenced on the record as being in Fano, Italy, not here.
***
Not sure if you have this marriage in 1921...
Name: Enrico Bernacchia
Age: 27
Birth Year: abt 1894
Birth Place: Italy
Marriage Date: 5 Oct 1921
Marriage Place: York, Ontario, Canada
Father: Giuseppe Bernacchia
Mother: Abina Oliva
Spouse: Anna Assunta Tambasco
https://i.postimg.cc/15Czh6g8/Bernacchia-Marriage.jpg
T.
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Sorry about that Tessa. I misunderstood.
Rick
Rick
Re: Bernacchia Family
No problem
Just posted Enrico's marriage above - was not sure if you already had it.
And here is another trip (vacation? visit?) in 1951 - Outbound for the port of Genoa
Traveling with his wife, Anna
Name: Enrico Bernacchia
Departure Age: 57
Birth Date: abt 1894
Departure Date: 26 Jun 1951
Departure Place: New York, New York, USA
Ship: CONTE BIANCAMANO
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/60 ... PUBJs=true
AND***
this appears to be the return trip... sailng from Naples in 1951
Enrico and Anna are accompanied by Joseph Bernacchia (age 14), Angelo Bernacchia (age 62), and Rina Bernacchia (age 46).
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/74 ... PUBJs=true
AND***
Here is the information on the WWI REgistration card (about 1917) for Secondo Adante residing in Lackawanna. He was born in Fano, Pesaro.
Name: Secondo Adante
Race: Caucasian (White)
Marital Status: Single
Birth Date: 3 Jan 1892
Birth Place: Italy
Street address: 430 Second St
Residence Place: Erie, New York, USA
https://i.postimg.cc/65tNjQYy/Adante-WWI.jpg
***
Secondo's military transport info
Secondo Adante in the U.S., Army Transport Service, Passenger Lists, 1910-1939
Name: Secondo Adante
Departure Date: 29 Mar 1918
Departure Place: Hoboken, New Jersey
Address: 430 Second Street
Residence Place: Lackawanna, New York
Next of Kin: Mrs Amadori Tereza
Relationship: Aunt
Ship: Mount Vernon
Military Unit: 35th Engrs
Rank: Private
Service Number: 1683486
Notes: Camp Devens Reinforcement Detachment 19th & 35th Engineers
T.
Re: Bernacchia Family
Here is the 1926 arrival manifest for Giuseppe Bernacchia and Albina Uliva on the Cherbourgh (lines 6 and 7)
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/12 ... PUBJs=true
T.
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/12 ... PUBJs=true
T.
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi Tessa,
Sorry I did't reply in greater detail before. The first info you have posted is my grandparent's marriage and yes, I do have that. The real interesting thing about the info on the trip in 1951, is that I just found out about it last Sunday. I saw Joseph Bernacchia at a celebration of life for his sister. I asked him if he knew who the Bernacchia relative in NY was. He said he couldn't remember the name but said they visited them in Albany NY on the way to catch the ship in NYC. Angelo is my grandfather's brother. I believe that the relatives in Albany are the people who helped my grandfather when he came to NYC in 1912. I also believe that this is the connection to Rosa Bernacchia and whatever her married name is.
Ironically, the person that I am working with to find the Bernacchia/Attilio Perlini connection is Attilio's grandson and his GGrandmother is Maria Amadori. Wow, there is a lot to digest here but you have given me a lot of info to look into. I'm wondering if Tereza Amadori is related to Maria?
I checked out the Buffalo NY phone directory for Adante but there are no leads.
Thanks so very much for all the searching you have done. I have much more info since I made the connection with you on this website.
Rick
Sorry I did't reply in greater detail before. The first info you have posted is my grandparent's marriage and yes, I do have that. The real interesting thing about the info on the trip in 1951, is that I just found out about it last Sunday. I saw Joseph Bernacchia at a celebration of life for his sister. I asked him if he knew who the Bernacchia relative in NY was. He said he couldn't remember the name but said they visited them in Albany NY on the way to catch the ship in NYC. Angelo is my grandfather's brother. I believe that the relatives in Albany are the people who helped my grandfather when he came to NYC in 1912. I also believe that this is the connection to Rosa Bernacchia and whatever her married name is.
Ironically, the person that I am working with to find the Bernacchia/Attilio Perlini connection is Attilio's grandson and his GGrandmother is Maria Amadori. Wow, there is a lot to digest here but you have given me a lot of info to look into. I'm wondering if Tereza Amadori is related to Maria?
I checked out the Buffalo NY phone directory for Adante but there are no leads.
Thanks so very much for all the searching you have done. I have much more info since I made the connection with you on this website.
Rick
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi Tessa,
I just thought I would let you know that I found Secondo Adante's family in the Buffalo NY area. When I didn't get anywhere googling Adante, I put in Adanti and I hit pay dirt. I have talked to one grandson and he verified info that you sent me. Tonight or tomorrow, I will talk to the granddaughter who does the genealogy for the family.
Rick
I just thought I would let you know that I found Secondo Adante's family in the Buffalo NY area. When I didn't get anywhere googling Adante, I put in Adanti and I hit pay dirt. I have talked to one grandson and he verified info that you sent me. Tonight or tomorrow, I will talk to the granddaughter who does the genealogy for the family.
Rick
Re: Bernacchia Family
Wonderful news, Rick!!
Thank you for keeping us posted. It is always good to hear where the journey has taken you.
T.
Thank you for keeping us posted. It is always good to hear where the journey has taken you.
T.