Death Record complete translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
daisy20
Elite
Elite

Death Record complete translation

Post by daisy20 »

Can someone translate this death record from 1816, the one on the right #280, I think it's for Vincenzo Bortone.

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Death Record complete translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

This record is for a baby girl named Vincenza. The script is a bit rough in places so I've done the best I can with the Street names. Names of people should be correct.

Death No 280: Vincenza Bortone
Registered before the official in the town of Aversa on 26 April 1816

Appearing was Francesco Bortone, 34 yo, Falegname (carpenter/joiner), living in said town, Strada Campiglione, father of the deceased, and Vincenzo di Sarno, 25 yo, Falegname, living in said town, Strada Cardallo.

They reported that on the said day (26 April 1816), Vincenza Bortone, daughter of said Francesco (Bortone) and of Orsola Giuliano, 9 months of age, living in said town, Strada Campiglione, died in the house of Bortone???

Angela
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I think Vincenzo di Sarno lived on Strada Castello.

Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

erudita74 wrote: 18 May 2019, 01:43 I think Vincenzo di Sarno lived on Strada Castello.

Erudita
Yes, I think you may be be right. I did initially have a "t" there and then changed it to a "d". In the end I thought that it was more inportant to have the ages and names correct, and the street names I could come back to. As usual, Erudita, I'm juggling a whole lot of things at once. Sounds like you had a lovely mother's day. Me too. :D

Angela