I have been trying to find any records for my Gr grandmother Catherine or Catarina Rubaudo from Mezzojuso, Palermo. According to family records she was born in May of 1893 and married Angelo Sucato at 14 years old in 1906/7 in Mezzojuso.
No matter where I search I cannot find any records on ancestry or on Familysearch. Would there be no record of marriage since she was so young?
Is it possible they weren't really married? Does anyone have any tips or ideas? Any help is appreciated!
Record location Question
Record location Question
This is a new account for the old user vspeciale66.
"it is never too late to be who you were always meant to be."
"it is never too late to be who you were always meant to be."
Re: Record location Question
In Mezzojuso the surname is spelled with an "i" Ribaudo
I am only finding records for much earlier years. You may need to write directly to the comune.
There is no reason why her age would affect whether there was a marriage record, unless there was no marriage...
EDIT TO ADD...
Here is the birth act of a Caterina Ribaudo in Mezzojuso in 1888. Unfortunately, there is no notation of marriage so we cannot be sure this is your GGM. Do you happen to know the names of her parents? That would confirm this is the correct record.
I searched the records through 1894, but did not find Caterina Ribaudo.
#184
Dated 16 October 1888 - birth on 15 October
Father: Vittorino Ribaudo, 26
Mother: Maria Buccola, his wife
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
T.
I am only finding records for much earlier years. You may need to write directly to the comune.
There is no reason why her age would affect whether there was a marriage record, unless there was no marriage...
EDIT TO ADD...
Here is the birth act of a Caterina Ribaudo in Mezzojuso in 1888. Unfortunately, there is no notation of marriage so we cannot be sure this is your GGM. Do you happen to know the names of her parents? That would confirm this is the correct record.
I searched the records through 1894, but did not find Caterina Ribaudo.
#184
Dated 16 October 1888 - birth on 15 October
Father: Vittorino Ribaudo, 26
Mother: Maria Buccola, his wife
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
T.
Re: Record location Question
Awesome T thanks! Let me check on the parents names to try to confirm.
This is a new account for the old user vspeciale66.
"it is never too late to be who you were always meant to be."
"it is never too late to be who you were always meant to be."
Re: Record location Question
Unfortunately my Catherine's parents were Gulia Cannizarro and Salvatore Ribaudo. However that was closer than I have been able to get! Thanks also for the correct spelling. I will try the commune.
This is a new account for the old user vspeciale66.
"it is never too late to be who you were always meant to be."
"it is never too late to be who you were always meant to be."

