Help confirming info on Death Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
mkaykrista
Veteran
Veteran

Help confirming info on Death Record

Post by mkaykrista »

Good morning - hoping to get some help in understanding something noted on my ancestor's death record. The record is for Maddalena Pessolano (~1794-1838). The record lists her husband GioBatta and two daughters, but then lists "padre ignoto". Could this be referring to her daughters having an unknown father? It looks like her husband, GioBatta, was still alive at the time of her death. Not sure why this would be listed, unless GioBatta is not their father.

Her father is Orlando Pessolano, my distant great grandfather.

Thank you!
Attachments
025228c9-9df0-4eb0-bf01-62072ba97beb.jpg
Researching Italian Relatives : Gargano, Amabile, Tamburrini, Tucci, Casagrande & Musante - the more research done the more the list grows!
EllenCatusco
Elite
Elite

Re: Help confirming info on Death Record

Post by EllenCatusco »

Good morning.
It looks to me like it refers to either both daughters or just the last one. Since it appears the mothers last name is after theirs.
mkaykrista
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mkaykrista »

Okay, I'll have to seek out their birth records to confirm. I'm only going through death records at the moment, and just thought this to be strange. I wonder why one/both daughters had a different father, unless she had one/both before her marriage to GioBatta?
Researching Italian Relatives : Gargano, Amabile, Tamburrini, Tucci, Casagrande & Musante - the more research done the more the list grows!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

She was the widow [vedova] of GiovamBattista...so he is deceased.

The daughters do no carry his surname. They are listed as Caterina and Maria Pessolano.

T.