HELP!! Comune (Sassano) won't respond!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: HELP!! Comune (Sassano) won't respond!!

Post by suanj »

they can send also by email.. however they will let you know the expenses…
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Sassano Pinto

Post by Sassano Pinto »

Well, my limited experience being what it is, I can tell you that when they finally sent my document (the Consulate confirmed that Raffaele's was the only one I would need), they didn't ask for postage - though there are some major caveats...

It took 6 nonths and over 32 different contact attempts, with 3 of those being phone calls from a native Italian speaker, before they finally sent the document - so keep at it.

Somewhat ironically for me, my document will be delivered today at my house - the same day as my appointment at the Consulate several hundred miles away - che serà serà...

Keep in mind, one of those letters I sent had cash in it - though, I'm not sure this made any difference (I don't think they open their mail in my ancestral comune).

I hope this helps.

Buona fortuna!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Buona fortuna anche a te!
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Mercedes21

Post by Mercedes21 »

I asked in the same e-mail to be informed of any costs. They replied they were going to look for the certificate but haven't heard from them since.

I'm also wondering what else I can do if they don't respond. How do I check in again with them to ask how is the search of the document I need going?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

There is no fee.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.