Looking for records for Santhia, Vercelli, Piedmonte, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Looking for records for Santhia, Vercelli, Piedmonte, Italy

Post by jrbak »

Good Morning,
I am looking for records for Santhia, Italy and it is located in the Vercelli province. I went onto Family Search and looked through the civil registration records which they had but nothing right now for Santhia.

So I was wondering if all of the municipalities in the Province of Vercelli would be listed in these ecclesiastical records? I thought I would ask your thoughts on this before I began digging into these records. This is the site I found for this. It does not say what areas it covers but there are tons of records here.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

Thanks so much for your explanation,
Jefferie (jrbak)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Looking for records for Santhia, Vercelli, Piedmonte, Italy

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the listing of films/Digital Civil Registration records for Santhià on Family Search.
Format is not indicated, so probably still in microfiche format. Not sure if you can still request the microfilms.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

As to the Church Records...
The Archdiosese of Vercelli contains 118 parishes divided between the Lombard province of Pavia and the Piedmontese provinces of Alessandria, Biella, Novara and Vercelli.

You may be able to find what you are seeking in these records.

T.
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Re: Looking for records for Santhia, Vercelli, Piedmonte, Italy

Post by jrbak »

Dear Tessa,
Thank you so much for your explanation and the site. It will help me so much. When I have more time I will start searching. As far as the ecclesiastical records go, I probably would read the first line on a document which may tell me the church or province, right? Have a good day.
My best,
Jefferie (jrbak)