Place name

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
joyse
Rookie
Rookie

Place name

Post by joyse »

Hi
A relative has found my great grandfather's brother on a census 1881 and place of birth is listed as, something like:
Corlisater
Cobsater
Culisater

An elderly relative told him that he had visited the family in the 1920's staying on the farm near Pontremoli.
does anyone know if there is a place near Pontremoli that is anything like the above names. Obviously they could be nothing like the spelling as the enumerator probably wouldn't have had a clue how to spell it!!

This is my first breakthrough finding a relative of my great grandfathers brother so 'everything comes to he who waits'!!!!

Any help would be welcome

Thanks
Joy :lol:
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Place name

Post by wldspirit »

Pontremoli, located in Provincia di Massa-Carrara, Tuscany.......
here is a list of the municipalities:

Aulla
Avenza
Bagnone
Carrara
Casola in Lungiana
Comano
Filattiera
Fivizzano
Fosdinovo
Licciana Nardi
Massa
Montignoso
Mulazzo
Podenzana
Pontremolli
Tresana
Villafranca in Lunigiana
Zeri

wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Place name

Post by suanj »

joyse wrote:Hi
A relative has found my great grandfather's brother on a census 1881 and place of birth is listed as, something like:
Corlisater
Cobsater
Culisater

An elderly relative told him that he had visited the family in the 1920's staying on the farm near Pontremoli.
does anyone know if there is a place near Pontremoli that is anything like the above names. Obviously they could be nothing like the spelling as the enumerator probably wouldn't have had a clue how to spell it!!

This is my first breakthrough finding a relative of my great grandfathers brother so 'everything comes to he who waits'!!!!

Any help would be welcome

Thanks
Joy :lol:
Joy, for better help you, say us the surname and show us the census image, because is better to read it directly... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH