Marriage in Pennsylvania

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
cedrone
Master
Master

Marriage in Pennsylvania

Post by cedrone »

Good morning.
I try to ask again to the experts living in the USA.
Is it possible to find a marriage act probably in 1911 near Uniontown, Pennsylvania?
I thought to ask a search also in the church registers of the parishes of that area, I wrote to the Diocese, with no reply.
Or is it better to ask a search of the naturalization papers of this couple?
How can I do this?

The purpose is to find their parents and place of origin, to try to connect to the other parts of the family in Italy.
The descendants have identified them with two persons found on the ship manifests, but this doesn't seem correct tio me as to the husband, while the wife may be correct, but should have changed surname in the US and then used mainly that of the husband, while used also a new first name.
Thank you.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Re: Marriage in Pennsylvania

Post by darkerhorse »

What are their names?

You could contact the state, county, or local government rather than churches.
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

Thank you for the reply.
I tried also to ask information on how to proceed to an email address of the Fayette County, with no reply.
After a preceding post about this item, I could contact a descendant who could complete nearly all the tree of the family (surname FAVERIO), still
existing.
So I don't need info about the descendants, the mistery is who were and from where came the first two persons of this family that (according the the US census) appears in Fayette County before 1915.
I give you the details:
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

Husband:
Louis F. FAVERIO
immigration 1906 or 1909 (from the censuses),
born 8 Sep. 1885 (from USSS Death Index) (source of this date?)
_____
Wife:
Raffaela POLANDO,
also indicated as Josephine POLANDO, [and in the Census with the married name Faverio, also on the grave: RAFFAELA FAVERIO]
Immigration (from the census) 1899 or 1902.
born 14 Oct. 1894 (from the death certificate)
MARRIAGE (from the census) 1911

Naturalization between 1920 and 1930
Residence in 1920 Menallen
in 1930 Redstone.
Thank you very much for any suggestion.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

cedrone wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 00:18 Husband:
Louis F. FAVERIO
immigration 1906 or 1909 (from the censuses),
born 8 Sep. 1885 (from USSS Death Index) (source of this date?)
_____
Wife:
Raffaela POLANDO,
also indicated as Josephine POLANDO, [and in the Census with the married name Faverio, also on the grave: RAFFAELA FAVERIO]
Immigration (from the census) 1899 or 1902.
born 14 Oct. 1894 (from the death certificate)
MARRIAGE (from the census) 1911

Naturalization between 1920 and 1930
Residence in 1920 Menallen
in 1930 Redstone.
Thank you very much for any suggestion.
I found him. Bulgorello, Como. Born 8 Sept 1882. Link: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043815

Ship manifest to USA here: https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... 4010792471
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

Thank you. I already know this ship manifest, found by some descendant who included in the tree posted on Family Search, Ancestry and probably other sites.
But with a descendant we compared the military documents of both, the Luigi of Bulgorello and the Louis of Uniontown and they does't seem matching.
As said, for an identification, I'd like to find marriage or naturalization documents of this couple.
Thank you.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

cedrone wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 12:22 Thank you. I already know this ship manifest, found by some descendant who included in the tree posted on Family Search, Ancestry and probably other sites.
But with a descendant we compared the military documents of both, the Luigi of Bulgorello and the Louis of Uniontown and they does't seem matching.
As said, for an identification, I'd like to find marriage or naturalization documents of this couple.
Thank you.
What is the difference in the military records..? Errors in these types of records are common.

Date of birth (month, day) matches exactly. The year could easily be a transcription error or typo. The US gov't (Social Security Administration) would have required proof as to birthdate and age, "guesses" don't cut it. There are multiple family trees attesting to the connections you mention above. The GENS surname map puts the name "Faverio" dead-center in the area of Como, Lombardia and almost nowhere else.

I have researched many people who had anomalies in their information that still turned out to be the correct ancestor. I'd put it at about 99% that this IS the person you're looking for...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The Luigi Faverio in the above manifest is the Louis Faverio who emigrated to California and resided there. I do not believe this is YOUR Louis Faverio.

Also... here is the arrival manifest of Raffaella Parla in 1903 on the SS Palatia.
She travels with her brother, Giuseppe, and her mother, Caterina di Lucia.
They resided in Nusco, and were traveling to Uniontown, NJ, to her father, Gennaro Parla.
Lines 17, 18, 19.
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... 4030829244

Arrival of Raffaella's father, Gennaro Parla, in 1901 on SS Gallia
Destination: Connellsville, PA
Line 18
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... 4005161864

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Tessa78 wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 16:31 The Luigi Faverio in the above manifest is the Louis Faverio who emigrated to California and resided there. I do not believe this is YOUR Louis Faverio.

Also... here is the arrival manifest of Raffaella Parla in 1903 on the SS Palatia.
She travels with her brother, Giuseppe, and her mother, Caterina di Lucia.
They resided in Nusco, and were traveling to Uniontown, PA, to her father, Gennaro Parla.
Lines 17, 18, 19.
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... 4030829244

Arrival of Raffaella's father, Gennaro Parla, in 1901 on SS Gallia
Destination: Connellsville, PA
Line 18
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... 4005161864

T.

Correction to information about arrival of Raffaella.
Destination is Uniontown, PA, not Uniontown, NJ.

T.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

Errors get replicated in family trees so frequency isn't necessarily a indication of accuracy.
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

Hi Tessa.
Yes, the Luigi Faverio of the ship manifest was going to a 'cousin' with surname Molteni in California.
This Molteni was the husband of another Faverio, Maria Enrichetta, (from which I began to build the tree), so
the cousin was more correctly the wife (I couldn't find until now the exact relation), so doesn't seem probable he went later to Pennsylvania, even if possible, considering we didn't find any other info on him in California.
As to the ship manifest with the Parlà family, should be verified the change of surname to Polando.
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

@ darkerhorse:
Yes, this identification of the two Luigi/Louis and the Parlà /Polando families was made probably by a descendant and then the tree was copied on the various websites.
I use Family Search and at last I decided to leave for the moment the Parlà tree separated from the Faverio descendants, but again a person, I suppose not of the family and taking the info from another website, added a note stating Raffaela Polando and Raffaela Parlà are the same person.

Now, could you please suggest me how could be asked a search of marriage or naturalization documents?
I think there is nothing online, someone would have already found it.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

The Luigi married to Maria was born in Padova.
Attachments
007788900_00871.jpg
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

He married Maria Valemi(?).

So, can we rule him out?
Attachments
MM9.3.1_2FTH-1-17857-49996-74.jpg
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

This is the public library in Uniontown, which is the seat of Fayette County, PA.

Browse to see what holdings they have like marriages and historical newspapers (Herald-Standard) for obituaries.

They accept research requests.

https://uniontownlib.org/pa-microfilm/

Ancestry.com has these:

Pennsylvania. U.S., Obituary and Marriage Records, 1947-2010

Pennsylvania, Historical Society of Pennsylvania Card Catalog, 1553-2015