Taglialavore

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RoccoMia

Taglialavore

Post by RoccoMia »

I have researched the surname in various spellings: Taglialavore, Tagliavore, Taglavore, and have found many in the United States. They mostly come from Agrigento Province; mainly Calamonaci, Cianciana, and Ribera. I can research each family back to the original ancestor who Immigrated to the U.S. My problem is linking the individual families together as one in Sicily. I would need to request Birth Certificates from Sicily to see who the parents were of those Immigrants in order to see how they relate.
My question is: How do I go about requesting information from Sicily? Do I request info from each town individually? Any idea what the cost is of requesting said info? And how do I pay for the info?
Thanks for any help you can provide!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Taglialavore

Post by suanj »

My question is: How do I go about requesting information from Sicily? Do I request info from each town individually?
yes, individually.
Any idea what the cost is of requesting said info? And how do I pay for the info?
it depend from what you need, however for people of foreign country the birthacts are normally free, enough that you send also the envelope with your address and coupon for the reply... for other certificates are necessary to pay, normally by wester union or moneygram.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Another option is to order the films for the comunes from the LDS church. Looks like most of the comunes you listed have been filmed. Check for individual dates.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... +Agrigento

Here is a post by Trish on how to order and use the microfilm in case you are not familar with it.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581
RoccoMia

Post by RoccoMia »

Thanks for the suggestions. There is a FHL not far from where I live and yet, I've never found time to go there. Now would probably be a good time :D
Only a Genealogist regards a step backward as progress
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

RoccoMia wrote:I have researched the surname in various spellings: Taglialavore, Tagliavore, Taglavore, and have found many in the United States. They mostly come from Agrigento Province; mainly Calamonaci, Cianciana, and Ribera. I can research each family back to the original ancestor who Immigrated to the U.S. My problem is linking the individual families together as one in Sicily. I would need to request Birth Certificates from Sicily to see who the parents were of those Immigrants in order to see how they relate.
My question is: How do I go about requesting information from Sicily? Do I request info from each town individually? Any idea what the cost is of requesting said info? And how do I pay for the info?
Thanks for any help you can provide!
Hello,
if you need a copy of a civil record or a civil certificate you can write to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Matrice
CAP 92010
Calamonaci (AG)-Italy

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Papa Giovanni XXIII, 9
CAP 92012
Cianciana (AG)-Italy

Comune
Ufficio di Stato civile
corso Umberto I, n. 30
CAP 92016
Ribera (AG)- Italy

also you can find all the civil records of 3 of them to Archivio di Stato di Agrigento

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... RIGENTO%22

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol:
vito.candiloro

Post by vito.candiloro »

Hallo...
I'm a boy living in Cianciana, place where right now many naming Taglialavore people are living...the information about Comune's address are right..if you like,I can ask to some neighbours of mine wheter or not they are related to them who live in the USA and who were the ones that left Sicily..ask me what you need to my mail if you wanna to..
I also know someone who is very interested in researches about genealogy..in case I can ask him too..
bye
RoccoMia

Post by RoccoMia »

Thanks for the offer. I would like to find out the parents of the following people:

1. Antonino Taglialavore, born (nascita) 1846, married (sposito) Paola Pinelli. They settled in New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S. This is my family.

2. Eucenzio Taglialavore, married (sposito) Francesca Rizzo. They settled in Cheyenne, Wyoming, U.S.

3. Vincenzo Taglialavore, born (nascita) 1886, married (sposito) Carmela Bracco. Vincenzo's brother (fratello) Francesco Taglialavore, born (nascita) 1867, married (sposito) Carmela Triolo. Vincenzo also had brothers (fratello) Giuseppe, Anthony, and Rosario. Vincenzo's sister (sorella) Frances Taglialavore, married (sposito) Antonino Conte. They settled in New Jersey, U.S.

4. Francesco Taglialavore, born (nascita) 1867, married (sposito) Rosaria Murla Catalanotta. Francesco's sister (sorella) Maria Taglialavore, born (nascita) 1864, married (sposito) Giuseppe Valenti and married (sposito #2) Salvatore Modica. They settled in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.

5. Vincenzo Taglialavore, born (nascita) Cianciana, married (sposito) Genevieve Marciante. His son's were Gaspare Taglialavore, born (nascita) 1881, married (sposito) Francesca Mortellaro; Luigi Taglialavore, born (nascita) 1884, married (sposito) Angelina Gentile; and Giovanni Taglialavore, born (nascita) 1891. They settled in Cheyenne, Wyoming, U.S.

Grazie
Terrie
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

I have records on Antonino Taglialavore, his wife Paola Pinelli, and their son Alfonso from Calamonaci, as well as a number of their immediate relatives. Antonino had at least 2 siblings born in Ribera and his uncle Giuseppe Turano married a woman Vita Fidanza from there, which is how my tree intersects yours (Vita's uncle married my 5th cousin Maria Rosa Carubia).
RoccoMia

Post by RoccoMia »

I think I sent you a message regarding the Carubia/Taglialavore ties, but may have been a private message. I have the Giuseppe Turano and Vita Fidanza on my information, but would still love to see what you have in case you can get me back any further in my line or link some of the other Tag families I have researched to them. Thanks for your offer of help!
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

About 10 years ago I did a research in the church archive in Cianciana about a branch of this family. The most ancient well-documented ancestor (in Cianciana) was Filippo Taglialavore, married to Angela Pecoraro and father of the following children:
- Francesco (died in Cianciana 29 apr. 1715)
- Giacomo (married to Anna La Matina in Cianciana 4 sep. 1695)
- Vincenza (married to Paolo Di Malta in Cianciana 10 nov. 1697)
- Giovanni (born abt 1677, married first to Caterina Di Malta in Cianciana 10 nov. 1697, then to Filippa Ciaravillera in Cianciana 25 oct. 1712; died in Cianciana 20 feb. 1737)
- Domenico (born abt 1678, married to Rosaria Sciarrotta in Cianciana 26 nov. 1702; died in Cianciana 18 mar. 1743)
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
RoccoMia

Post by RoccoMia »

Marcello,
None of those names are ones I have come across yet, but will keep the information in case I can eventually link them up.

And thanks to all for your suggestions and help!
gallohjc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gallohjc »

My husband's Grandmother was Lucia Taglialavore born in Cianciana, Sicily. She was born in 1879 and died 15 August 1941 in Phila., PA.

Lucia was the daughter of Clemente Taglialavore (8-29-1845 to 1-22-1929). He also died in Phila., PA. Her mother was Maria Cannata who died in Sicily before Lucia, Clemente and the remainder of their family came to U.S. in 1907.

On board with Lucia Taglialavore were her 3 children: Carmella Scardino, Marietta Scardino and Pasquale Scardino. Then her father, Clemente with other children: Angelina Taglialavore with her children Leonarda Vacante and Maria Vacante. Additional Taglialavore family, Pietra, Giovanni, Rosa and Marietta.

Lucia Taglialavore and Angelo Scardino were married in Sicily (haven't found out when or where). They had a total of 15 children and 10 survived. One of which was my husband's mother, Gaetana (Tillie) Scardino Gallo.

So if you have any Taglialavore, Scardino, Vacante info that fits with my family would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you,

Helen