Need some help please, with translation -Birth Acts

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Need some help please, with translation -Birth Acts

Post by suanj »

suanj wrote: could be ventotto ?
it is wrote :
"di anni ....otto"
of ....8 years
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Thanks Suanj
The part 'di anni' was printed as part of the official document, do you mean that the perosn who filled in the information could also have written 'anni' again before writing 'otto' ? If it is indeed 8 years then when I go back to the FHC I should be able to find the birth Act in the year 1854 and I still have that film. Problem here is I dont recall seeing any other births with the Difilippis surname but I will check the Death Act and check for a Birth Act when I go back.
The FHC is closed next week so I wont get this checked out for at least 3 weeks- my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren are coming from France next week for a holiday. Looking forward to this.

Many Thanks Suanj
Love xx
God Bless
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi nonna Joyce
Got your pm. Its ok about the link it wont matter about posting it again bcause when I go back to FHC I'm going to try to get a better copy,
but many thanks for offering to post it again. That was great that Mark found out that information for me, I was right in thinking that the two different addresses was the same place and it really confirms that my grandfather and his brother and their families lived in the same house. Thanks again for putting me in touch with mahart.
Love and hugs xx
God Bless
Emmy
ps Its still VERY hot here, wish it would rain soon.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Emmy,
Ok.
Mark is a real trooper for helping out...glad he could confirm your thinking. You're welcome.
Hot & humid here too. Had rain, but no relief!
XOXO
nonna j
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Everyone
I've been back at the FHC today and on the death Notice for Giovanni Antonio at the end it has printed di anni, then handwritten it looks like miesi otto/mesi otto so I take it this means he was 8 months old when he died, but my grandfathers brother would have been 9months old at that date. Could they be a month out? Or would they only count the complete months when filling out the form?
God Bless
Emmy