Hi folks. Having a problem finding a death record for Sebastiana LoBue. She was born about 1802 and married Rosolino Riscili. I found a death record for Rosolino in 1870, but couldn't find anything related to her. I believe she should be in Vicari.
This is the address of the record for Rosolino: (#90)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks... Tom
Looking for Sebastiana LoBue
Re: Looking for Sebastiana LoBue
In this death act, Rosolino is age 30, and the husband of Giuseppe Michilalla(?) So born in about 1840
T.
T.
Re: Looking for Sebastiana LoBue
Thanks Tessa,
So I have the wrong Rosolino. I will continue my search.
Thanks!
So I have the wrong Rosolino. I will continue my search.
Thanks!
Re: Looking for Sebastiana LoBue
Can you provide more information?
Approximate year of marriage?
Names of any children born to the couple?
Are you sure the location was Vicari?
T.
Approximate year of marriage?
Names of any children born to the couple?
Are you sure the location was Vicari?
T.
Re: Looking for Sebastiana LoBue
I found the marriage act for Giuseppe Riscili in 1847 in Vicari.
This is a marriage with Lucia Esposita.
Giuseppe is the son of deceased Rosolino [Riscili] and deceased Sebastiana LoBue.
So it appears that both Rosolino and Sebastiana died prior to 1847. That gives us a narrower range within which to search...
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 66/wXPprE1
EDIT TO ADD:
The allegati of the marriage (attachments of documents required) are here:
Marriage
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/5YPAopy
Birth extract of Giuseppe Riscili - born 31 December 1822 - presented by his father Rosolino Riscili on 1 January 1823.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/LyQ4Rn4
Rosolino was age 40, farmer
Sebastiana was age 21, his wife.
***Written on the back of the page it states that Giuseppe could not produce the death act of his father Rosolino because he does not know where he died.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/w91mDZ6
This is the death act of Giuseppe's paternal grandfather, Francesco Riscili, father of Rosolino Riscili, in 1800. 24 July
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/5YPAopy
Death extract of Giuseppe's mother, Sebastiana LoBue in 1836.
Sebastiana was age 40, wife of Rosolino Riscili (so Rosolino alive in 1836 or it would describe her a widow of Rosolino.)
She was the daughter of deceased Antonino [LoBue] and deceased Maria(?) Calata.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/023qgrv
T.
This is a marriage with Lucia Esposita.
Giuseppe is the son of deceased Rosolino [Riscili] and deceased Sebastiana LoBue.
So it appears that both Rosolino and Sebastiana died prior to 1847. That gives us a narrower range within which to search...
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 66/wXPprE1
EDIT TO ADD:
The allegati of the marriage (attachments of documents required) are here:
Marriage
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/5YPAopy
Birth extract of Giuseppe Riscili - born 31 December 1822 - presented by his father Rosolino Riscili on 1 January 1823.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/LyQ4Rn4
Rosolino was age 40, farmer
Sebastiana was age 21, his wife.
***Written on the back of the page it states that Giuseppe could not produce the death act of his father Rosolino because he does not know where he died.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/w91mDZ6
This is the death act of Giuseppe's paternal grandfather, Francesco Riscili, father of Rosolino Riscili, in 1800. 24 July
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/5YPAopy
Death extract of Giuseppe's mother, Sebastiana LoBue in 1836.
Sebastiana was age 40, wife of Rosolino Riscili (so Rosolino alive in 1836 or it would describe her a widow of Rosolino.)
She was the daughter of deceased Antonino [LoBue] and deceased Maria(?) Calata.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/023qgrv
T.
Re: Looking for Sebastiana LoBue
And here is a daughter born to Giuseppe Riscili and Lucia Esposita in 1852.
The child was named after Giuseppe's mother Sebastiana.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 31/5VNQA9E
T.
The child was named after Giuseppe's mother Sebastiana.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 31/5VNQA9E
T.
Re: Looking for Sebastiana LoBue
Wow! Lot's of info to absorb and lay out. Thanks, Tessa!
I knew the following facts: Rosolino & Sebastiana had at least two children - Giuseppe and Antonino. I have a birthdate of Dec 31, 1922 for Giuseppe, but was confused by a birthdate of 1952 for Antonino. His 1907 death record said he was 55 at death.
I assumed a marriage date of about 1921 given Giuseppe's birth date of 1922.
I've looked at the Morti listing for Vicari, as that's where the family seems centered. I don't know of another location.
Thanks for your assistance. I truly appreciate it.
I knew the following facts: Rosolino & Sebastiana had at least two children - Giuseppe and Antonino. I have a birthdate of Dec 31, 1922 for Giuseppe, but was confused by a birthdate of 1952 for Antonino. His 1907 death record said he was 55 at death.
I assumed a marriage date of about 1921 given Giuseppe's birth date of 1922.
I've looked at the Morti listing for Vicari, as that's where the family seems centered. I don't know of another location.
Thanks for your assistance. I truly appreciate it.
Re: Looking for Sebastiana LoBue
Tessa,
I'm going to open a new subject to separate things out. I had Giuseppe Riscili married to Francesca Cavarretta probably about 1846. I showed that there were four children: Francesco, Salvatore, Giorgio and Francesca.
Giuseppe being married to Lucia Esposita threw my tree off completely. I'm thinking there is another Giuseppe that I'm missing. (Sometimes I wish they'd name kids Child 1, Child 2, etc...)
Thanks again for the Sebastiana & Rosolino help. Somewhere, my grandmother is smiling down on us locating them.
Tom
I'm going to open a new subject to separate things out. I had Giuseppe Riscili married to Francesca Cavarretta probably about 1846. I showed that there were four children: Francesco, Salvatore, Giorgio and Francesca.
Giuseppe being married to Lucia Esposita threw my tree off completely. I'm thinking there is another Giuseppe that I'm missing. (Sometimes I wish they'd name kids Child 1, Child 2, etc...)
Thanks again for the Sebastiana & Rosolino help. Somewhere, my grandmother is smiling down on us locating them.
Tom
Re: Looking for Sebastiana LoBue
Hi Tom,
You guessed correctly. There was another Giuseppe Riscili married to a Francesca Cavaretta who was a contemporary of your Giuseppe.
I will try to find some of the records I saw for the other Giuseppe.
I will post them in the other thread.
*** I posted the birth of a daughter born to the other Giuseppe Riscili and to Francesca Cavaretta in the other thread.
MEANWHILE.....
Regarding a sibling to your Giuseppe. You mentioned a brother named Antonino.
In that same year of 1852 there was a daughter born to Antonino Riscili and Antonina Geraci. The child was given the name Sebastiana...
This is POSSIBLY the brother you mentioned. He is 32 at the birth. That same year Giuseppe is age 28. So 4 years older.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 31/wjVG6mv
If this is the correct brother, then HIS birth and the MARRIAGE of Rosolino Riscili and Sebastiana LoBue are before 1820.
****The above Antonino is the brother of Giuseppe****
Here is the marriage of Antonino Riscili and Antonina Geraci in 1846 in Vicari.
Antonino is the son of deceased Rosolino Riscili and deceased Sebastiana LoBue.
#7
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 65/0JvNbvd
From the marriage allegati, here is the church record of birth/baptism of Antonino Riscili, son of Rosolino and Sebastiana Riscili.
4 August 1819
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 87/Lpq7ZnJ
*** Correction to the translation of Sebastiana's death act. She was the "wife of the deceased Rosolino Riscili" - so a widow, and Rosolino died before 1836.
T.
You guessed correctly. There was another Giuseppe Riscili married to a Francesca Cavaretta who was a contemporary of your Giuseppe.
I will try to find some of the records I saw for the other Giuseppe.
I will post them in the other thread.
*** I posted the birth of a daughter born to the other Giuseppe Riscili and to Francesca Cavaretta in the other thread.
MEANWHILE.....
Regarding a sibling to your Giuseppe. You mentioned a brother named Antonino.
In that same year of 1852 there was a daughter born to Antonino Riscili and Antonina Geraci. The child was given the name Sebastiana...
This is POSSIBLY the brother you mentioned. He is 32 at the birth. That same year Giuseppe is age 28. So 4 years older.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 31/wjVG6mv
If this is the correct brother, then HIS birth and the MARRIAGE of Rosolino Riscili and Sebastiana LoBue are before 1820.
****The above Antonino is the brother of Giuseppe****
Here is the marriage of Antonino Riscili and Antonina Geraci in 1846 in Vicari.
Antonino is the son of deceased Rosolino Riscili and deceased Sebastiana LoBue.
#7
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 65/0JvNbvd
From the marriage allegati, here is the church record of birth/baptism of Antonino Riscili, son of Rosolino and Sebastiana Riscili.
4 August 1819
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 87/Lpq7ZnJ
*** Correction to the translation of Sebastiana's death act. She was the "wife of the deceased Rosolino Riscili" - so a widow, and Rosolino died before 1836.
T.

