Atti di Matrimoni 1882 Part II #3 Translation Help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Atti di Matrimoni 1882 Part II #3 Translation Help

Post by EMTLP »

I am trying to translate the marriage record of Ferdinando Giuseppi and Angela Castronuovo married 9 May 1882. Would someone kindly check my work and help with parts I can't figure out.

The link is:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 78/wkakQBJ

This is what I think I see:

Groom: Ferdinando Giuseppe Braico born in Montalbanco Jonico son of Felice proprietor ? and Maria Giuseppa Fiorentini?

Bride: Angela Castronuovo. Tthe rest is a mystery. I can't make out ages names and professions. Parents are from Latronico, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy?

Anything else of interest that you can translate would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Eileen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Atti di Matrimoni 1882 Part II #3 Translation Help

Post by Tessa78 »

This is not a marriage record.. It is a request to publish banns of marriage in Montalbano, from the Comune of Santarcangelo.

You have the groom's information correct.

Angela is age 27, born and residing Santarcangelo, daughter of Signor Giovanni Castronuovo, and of Signora Maddalena Satriani, both residing in Santarcangelo.

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

EMTLP wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 02:46 ...

This is what I think I see:

Groom: Ferdinando Giuseppe Braico aged 39 born in Montalbanco Jonico son of deceased Felice proprietor and deceased Maria Giuseppa Fiorentini gentlewoman

Bride: Angela Castronuovo. Tthe rest is a mystery. I can't make out ages names and professions. Parents are from Latronico, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy?

Anything else of interest that you can translate would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Eileen
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Thank you both for your help!
Eileen