Possible relation to an Italian director, Sergio Rubini?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
QuestionSleep

Possible relation to an Italian director, Sergio Rubini?

Post by QuestionSleep »

Okay, if anybody has seen my previous posts, you know that I was looking for a Giuseppe Rubino (which really turned out to be Rubini) there is much information that I still wish to know, but I need to pay somebody to find out the rest, so I am moving on for a second to somebody else...

SO, considering who I need to search for now are Rubini's, not Rubino's I was bored and I typed in rubini in the search bar and I got Sergio Rubini, who happens to be a director (maybe not famous, but hes done some good stuff, and was even in a little of The Passion of the Christ)
He is 6 years younger than my father, and Sergio was born in Grumo Appula (about 30 minutes from Bisceglie, where my great grandparents came from)
So question 1: In your personal opinion (dont worry, you can be skeptical, haha) Do you think Sergio could be a possible relative? Or is it a farfetched idea, considering Rubini is probably a much more common name in Italy, then here in America?
Question 2: Would I have to look up my great grandfathers brother/s and see if any stayed in Italy and that had a son (grandson, whatever) that matches Sergio? If that is the case dont I have to pay to know for sure who his brother/s were?

Sorry if that was hard to understand, I hope sombdoy can make some sense out of it.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Possible relation to an Italian director, Sergio Rubini?

Post by suanj »

RUBINI, as RUBINO is a common surname in Italy; and with a big rilevance in Apulia region also; so I believe that for your question, you can write in grumo Appula civil record office, and to ask the Certificato Storico di famiglia of your ancestor...
Personally I believe that no relationship with Sergio Rubino....
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH