Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by wldspirit »

Not tonight......I am heading to bed!!!!!!

Buona notte......
Lisa
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by jcsm400 »

Good morning everyone!

Thought I'll add the death information on the Lunetta family.


Texas Death Index, 1903-2000


View Record Name Death Date Death County Gender Marital Status Order Record

View Record George Lunetta Jr 15 Oct 1987 Bexar Male
View Record George Lunetta 21 Mar 1949 Tarrant
View Record Jesoph Lunetta 19 Feb 1915 Tarrant
View Record Liela Scottie Lunetta 2 May 1960 Bexar
View Record Mary Lunetta 10 Mar 1938 Tarrant
View Record Pep Lunetta 21 Mar 1980 Bexar

Resources for Tarrant Co., TX

http://www.rootsweb.com/~txtarran/table ... tents.html

:) jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
Graffeo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: 05 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: Cedar Hill, TX

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by Graffeo »

JCSM said: Good morning everyone! Thought I'll add the death information on the Lunetta family. Texas Death Index, 1903-2000

Got it! Thanks again. Today I had enough info to start a 5 generation family tree write up. I am doing it as a narrative first because those charts confuse me. But the narrative is good. You are all so helpful.
Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 135
Joined: 09 Oct 2006, 00:00

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by Esperanza »

I see 3 given names on this manifest that have been mentioned in your other posts. Rosaria, Marianna and Giorgio.

The given name Rosaria could also be Sadie.

Italian Given Names and their English Equivalents link

First Name: Rosaria (born 1846 +-) Giorgio's mother...
Last Name: Pumitria (surname needs research... will update soon)
Ethnicity: Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Piano, Palermo
Date of Arrival: Jul 08, 1910
Age at Arrival: 64y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Mendoza
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0024

travels with.....

First Name: Marianna (born 1865 +-) Giorgio's sister...
Last Name: Graffeo
Ethnicity: Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Piano, Palermo
Date of Arrival: Jul 08, 1910
Age at Arrival: 45y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Mendoza
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0025

Rosaria /Marianna manifest page 1

Rosaria/Marianna manifest page 2

Rosaria leaves her cousin in Italy - Ferdinando Massi (?) and would be joining her son Giorgio Graffeo in Fortworth / Galveston Texas

Marianna (single) would be joining her brother Giorgio Graffeo in Fortworth / Galveston Texas as well.

Someone may have already posted town info for you... but here it is again.

City of Piana degli Albanesi
The town is now the Piana degli Albanesi but previously known as Piana dei Greci.

More info about Piana degli Albanesi (PA)

Hope this manifest helps some... just need to check Rosaria's surname, and figure out whether Father Vitus had a different given name... ??

Any opinions as to what this Rosaria's surname is...?? Sinatra or something like that...
Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 135
Joined: 09 Oct 2006, 00:00

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by Esperanza »

Here's an unusual manifest....

Giorgio Graffo (sp?) one page manifest 1901

First Name: Giorgio (born 1877 +-)
Last Name: Griffo
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Prana Greci
Date of Arrival: May 16, 1901
Age at Arrival: 24y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Neustria
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0013

This manifest is somewhat odd... say he's going to New Orleans but NY has been scribbled over it...

But it also says Cousin Burried ? ? and then they list the name Giovanni Zucchero.. am I understanding this section correctly...? So he could be joining Giovanni Zucchero in NY... ?
--------------------------------------------------

Here's another... sorry if someone already posted this one...
First Name: Giovanni
Last Name: Graffio (Barber)
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Pianalpeci
Date of Arrival: Nov 24, 1897
Age at Arrival: 22y (?) Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Bolivia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0003

Joining uncle Tommaso Petta? in NY
Final destination Fort Worth...

Giovanni Graffio 1897 manifest
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by suanj »

The Rosaria surname is: PUMILIA,

and the diminutive of Rosaria is, normally in Italy: SARIA.... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 135
Joined: 09 Oct 2006, 00:00

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by Esperanza »

Esperanza wrote: First Name: Rosaria (born 1846 +-) Giorgio's mother...
Last Name: Pumitria (Pumilia)
Ethnicity: Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Piano, Palermo
Date of Arrival: Jul 08, 1910
Age at Arrival: 64y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Mendoza
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0024

Rosaria /Marianna manifest page 1

Rosaria/Marianna manifest page 2
Pumilia!

Thank you, suanj.
User avatar
girty
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 103
Joined: 20 Jun 2003, 00:00
Location: new jersey

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by girty »

Where are your Graffeo's from in Italy? I have an Antonia Grafeo or similiar spelling, Married to my GGGG father Angelo Catuosco. They lived in Paterno, Marsiconuovo, Potenza Italy. around 1815 or so.
User avatar
Graffeo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: 05 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: Cedar Hill, TX

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by Graffeo »

Test
User avatar
Graffeo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: 05 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: Cedar Hill, TX

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by Graffeo »

Esperanza: I sent you a private message but it does not appear to be posting. I am so stupid, I thought this thread ended with my post of 10/18. I thought you were going to post the manifest we talked about to me privately. Now here I see this thread has gone on with out me. You must think I am an ungrateful wretch! I am so sorry.

It is really late here almost 2 am and I have to hit the hay but I am so excited about the information. I promise to get back here tomorrow.

Suanj and Gertie; Thank you and I will get back to you too.
Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 135
Joined: 09 Oct 2006, 00:00

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by Esperanza »

A few days ago, my private message to you was this...
I have a couple of manifests that are interesting...
Can you tell me exactly who's manifests you are looking for...
There was a gap of a few days... Your last post was Oct. 17... I replied Nov 5... and of course you thought your thread had ended... so go easy on yourself! I absolutely don't think you are a wretch.

If you can answer another question...

The priest Vitus... did he have another given name?

There are manifests of a Stefano who is listed as a churchman... not sure if he is the same person. I can look for that manifest later.

I did get your private messages and I thank you. Look forward to hearing from you. I sent you another private message.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by nuccia »

Graffeo wrote:Esperanza: I sent you a private message but it does not appear to be posting. I am so stupid, I thought this thread ended with my post of 10/18. I thought you were going to post the manifest we talked about to me privately. Now here I see this thread has gone on with out me. You must think I am an ungrateful wretch! I am so sorry.

It is really late here almost 2 am and I have to hit the hay but I am so excited about the information. I promise to get back here tomorrow.

Suanj and Gertie; Thank you and I will get back to you too.
I received an email from someone asking me if I was related to Ciro Falco. It appears she found his obit...? Once I told her I wasn't related she offered no further info..I'm sorry. I can try and contact the sender again if you like.

I also received another email for you recently...will forward to your PM..
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by nuccia »

I forwarded copies of the emails and addresses to you. They may help you since I believe one was a relative of Ciro Falco.

Good luck and let me know how you make out!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Graffeo,

How are you doing on obtaining US documentation for your family?

Has the LDS film information for Piano dehi Albanesi been provided & have you ordered the films?......Too lazy to look through all the posts!

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Post by suanj »

it perhaps could be interesting:

Carlo Graffeo
Occupation Barber
Age 38
Sex M
Literacy N
Arrived 30 Oct 1883
Origin Sicily
Port Palermo
Last Residence U
Destination USA
Plan Unknown
Ship Egnert
Passage Unknown
-----------
Giorgio Graffeo
Occupation Child, Youngster
Age 6
Sex M
Literacy N
Arrived 30 Oct 1883
Origin Sicily
Port Palermo
Last Residence U
Destination USA
Plan Unknown
Ship Egnert
Passage Unknown
-------------
Vito Graffeo
Occupation Infant
Age 2 months
Sex M
Literacy N
Arrived 30 Oct 1883
Origin Sicily
Port Palermo
Last Residence U
Destination USA
Plan Unknown
Ship Egnert
Passage Unknown
---------------
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply