Ferrazzano aristocracy?

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
MarilynHayes777

Ferrazzano aristocracy?

Post by MarilynHayes777 »

Does anyone know of a wealthy Ferrazzano family in the Campagnia region of Italy around 1870? Looking for a son, Peter, who could have been in his late teens or early 20's who was disowned or disregarded from his family for marrying a woman of much lower stature.

Thank you,
Marilyn
Alessandra
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ferrazzano aristocracy?

Post by Alessandra »

MarilynHayes777 wrote: Campagnia region of Italy around 1870?
It deals with the CAMPANIA. I don't know the aristocracy Ferrazzano...
MarilynHayes777

Thank you for the correction!
How's everything in Naples?
Marilyn
MarilynHayes777

Correction...
Does anyone know of a wealthy Ferrazzano family in the Campania region of Italy around 1870? Looking for a son, Peter, who could have been in his late teens or early 20's who was disowned or disregarded from his family for marrying a woman of much lower stature.
Thank you, Marilyn
Alessandra
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Alessandra »

http://www.roangelo.net/angelo/angciv2.html#FERRAZZANI

I have found this I don't know if they were the same people?!?
MarilynHayes777

Thank you so much for cheking! At this point, I cannot determine if there is a relationship but, as you know, all the little pieces are often needed to out the puzzle together!
I will be equally as grateful to learn of anything else you may be able to find!
Marilyn
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

MarilynHayes777 wrote:Does anyone know of a wealthy Ferrazzano family in the Campagnia region of Italy around 1870? Looking for a son, Peter, who could have been in his late teens or early 20's who was disowned or disregarded from his family for marrying a woman of much lower stature.

Thank you,
Marilyn
In a forum dedicated to the Italian heraldry I found this statement: "Credo che il titolo di conte di Ferrazzano sia stato conferito ai Buffardi poi B. de Curtis dalla Repubblica stessa, non so però per quali meriti." which translates into "I believe that the title of Count of Ferrazzano was given the Buffardi (family) the B. De Curtis by the Republic, I don't know the motivation"
MarilynHayes777

Re: Ferrazzano etc...

Thank you for checking! If you wouldn't mind, please check my other posts and see what you may be able to find. I am having a very difficult time getting any further in my research because I do not know the Italian language! Any help you can offer would be very much appreciated! I can help you with information you may need in America too!
Marilyn
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Ferrazzano in Italy is a Municipality and also a surname; you mean a surname obviously.. so when we read "Count of Ferrazzano" it mean Count(noble) of Ferrazzano (town)... however this surname it is present especially in my region( Molise) and the large part of peoples of Ferrazzano surname is in Molise region... now you say: Campania region... also it is possible, because this Ferrazzanos are in max part in Campobasso province and near areas, as Apulia and Campania... I know, personally, many peoples with this surname and if you can to provide more details abt Pietro Ferrazzano, as probable birthyear and IF and WHEN emigrated, name spouse, maybe we can help better...
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
MarilynHayes777

Here's what I have so far from a mix of family stories, census documents and death certificates: (Some of this appears elsewhere on this website)

Peter Ferrazzano was a wealthy man (or prince) who married the servant girl Louisa (somewhere in Italy). Louisa (born about 1843) was the daughter of Raffaela and Fortunata Ferro Lerra/Lerro. Peter and Louisa had my g.g. grandmother, Josephine in 1870. For this union, Peter was disowned from the family.

Peter and Louisa Ferrazzano then were financially weak and possibly received money and property from the Bertolini family in exchange for giving their daughter Josephine Bertolini (born 1873 in Italy, died 1938 in New York) to to be the bride of Nicola Bertolini (born 1864 in Italy, died 1946 in New York). Nicola and Josephine had their first child, William Bertolini, in Stella Cilento in September of 1889. Then they came to America within the first year of William's birth and had the remainder of their children in New York.

Peter Ferrazzano, the family tells, was 33 years old when he died. I am guessing that he died in Italy. Since Josephine was born in Italy about 1873, (if he was actually only 33 when he died,) he was was definitely born before 1840 and died after 1873. (I wish I knew how old Josephine was when he died!) Louise Lerra/Lerro came to NY in about 1887, (I am guessing after her husband, Peter, died. She remarried in 1894 and eventually moved from Manhattan, New York to Paterson, New Jersey.

I hope this answers your questions and will enable you to assist me!!!!

Most gratefully,
Marilyn
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

so:
1.Pietro FERRAZZANO( abt 1840) married to Luisa FERRO( ?)
2. daughter: Giuseppina FERRAZZANO( abt 1870/3) married to Nicola BERTOLINI(abt 1864)
3. Nicola BERTOLINI and Giuseppina FERRAZZANO BERTOLINI had a child : William(Guglielmo) BERTOLINI born in 1889- Stella Cilento

right?
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
MarilynHayes777

Yes, that is correct!
Thank you,
Marilyn
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ferrazzano etc...

Post by Cathynap »

MarilynHayes777 wrote:Thank you for checking! If you wouldn't mind, please check my other posts and see what you may be able to find. I am having a very difficult time getting any further in my research because I do not know the Italian language! Any help you can offer would be very much appreciated! I can help you with information you may need in America too!
Marilyn
I don't speak much Italian either (although I know more now than a year ago!) but the best information is from Italian websites. I use Babelfish to translate for me. It's a little rough but it allows you to understand most information on the websites. I keep a window or tab (if you use XP) always open with Babelfish. You can put in the url and it will translate the whole site or copy and paste your text. Here's a link:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
MarilynHayes777

That's a great sugggestion! Can you recommend a few Italian websites that have helped you?
Thank you, Marilyn
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

I have lots of links...what are you looking for? A place, history, records?