Surname - Giglio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Juniornumber8

Surname - Giglio

Post by Juniornumber8 »

This has got to be the most difficult thing I've researched yet. Any information on the Giglio name would be soooo appreciated. My grandfather, Vincent Anthony at 74 years old would now like to know his roots. He was orphaned at 5 when his father, Thomas died in New York. I don't think his father Thomas came straight from Italy, maybe his father though.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

This might be a stretch but there is a listing for a Tomasso Giglio who was born in 1891 in Licata, Sicily enetered the USA at NYC at Ellis Island on March 30,1907 on board the passenger vessel Citta di napoli destined to his father Slavatore Giglio. Please let me know if this is familiar, if not, was your grandfather Vincent anthony born in the USA and can you obtain a copy of his birth record which may provide additional information. When did Tomasso Giglio pass on? if it was after 1963 there should be a record with socuial security. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: are 62 records in Italy on Giglio persons emigrated from 1880/1891..
They coming from :
-Avellino, Sorbo, Pietracalda (Campania region);
-Marianopoli, Palermo, S. Stefano, Termini Imerese, Valledolmo, Cefalù, Santa Caterina Villarmosa(Sicily region),
-moreover, Fagnano(but are 3 Fagnano town in different region)...

in this list, are 3 Tommaso Giglio person coming from Palermo town (Sicily)..are 4 Salvatore Giglio coming from Cefalù and Palermo(Sicily region) emigrated in 1888/1889..
For all Giglio person read generically that they emigrate in USA and for some is destination: New York, Boston, St. Louis, New Orleans...
regards, suanj
cocapelle

Re: Surname - Giglio

Post by cocapelle »

I have a Rosa Giglio in my family. She was born in 1861. I think she was from Strongoli Italy, but not sure. She was married to Domenico Pellegrino. Anybody you know of???
Surnames:Pellegrino from Strongoli: Gaglia from Cantalupo Del Sannio: Spoto from San Biagio Platani: Interrante from Sciacca
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

a good friend of mine, wally giglio, is around 70. he and his family are from connecticut, his father having arrived from italy. he has alot of information on his giglio family. i believe his grandfather's name was salvatore giglio. send me your email and i'll have him contact you with the information.

tom pacelli
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Post by MikeSavoca91 »

http://www.germangenealogygroup.com/NYC ... &B1=Submit

There is a Thomas Giglio on there, maybe you could order his death certificate from NYC that would cost something like $15 or so, and would be a starting place. Hope that helps :) .

Mike
fcatelotti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fcatelotti »

Hi!... There are some Giglio's in Argentina too.
At www.apellidositalianos.com.ar , there are several people who look for that surname. If you wanna see that, just go to www.apellidositalianos.com.ar , enter Listado de Apellidos, then Base de Datos; you can use Buscar Todos los Apellidos or Buscar Apellido Exacto; I always choose the latter. There, write Giglio and press Enter...
Besides, there are 236 records about immigrants named Giglio at http://213.212.128.168/radici/ie/defaultie.htm .
Best wishes.
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

I have found this search site helpful in finding surnames: http://calabria.indettaglio.it/eng/moto ... i_out.html
This search engine is only for Calabria. I know there were Giglio's in my grandfather's comune of Montalto Uffugo.