Mussi surname

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Melinda

Mussi surname

Post by Melinda »

My grandfather, Giacomo Mussi arrived in NY on December 2, 1902. His ethnicity was Italian but his records indicate his place of residence as North Luxembourg. How will I be able to find our where he came from in Italy?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

HI: Giacomo Mussi it went give Marco Mussi , but not are records of Marco Mussi on ellisisland.org, but are an Marco Mussi(misspelled Massi) coming from Palermo emigrated in 1892 to New York(town or country?):
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 4325030013

Suggestions?
regards, suanj
Melinda

Mussi surname

Post by Melinda »

I have the Ellis Island record showing Gaicomo Mussi (ethnicity, Italian; place of residence, North Luxembourg) arriving at Ellis Island December 2, 1902; age 21. Traveled on LaChampagne and departed from leHavre, France.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The manifest page showing place of birth is missing. If he died after 1963 you can trace thru social security. If he became a naturalized USC you can tace that way. Do you have any info on these items. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Mussi surname

Post by suanj »

Melinda wrote:I have the Ellis Island record showing Gaicomo Mussi (ethnicity, Italian; place of residence, North Luxembourg) arriving at Ellis Island December 2, 1902; age 21. Traveled on LaChampagne and departed from leHavre, France.
Yes,I've read the manifest of Giacomo Mussi ..in this Manifest it declares to go from Marco Mussi, sure relative or friend and some origin' s place. To find The Manifest of Marco Mussi, is equivalent to find origin' s place also of Giacomo Mussi....just a thought, suanj
galego

Post by galego »

I have a friend here in Brazil which surname is Mussi. His father is João Mussi and his name is João Marcel Dias Mussi.His relatives came from Siria.
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

Thanks. My grandfather, Giacomo Mussi was Italian and came over from North Luxembourg, arriving in New York on December 2, 1902. I have now discovered that his passage was paid by his cousin in Syracuse, NY (which was his destination).
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear melinda the only place you can go for this information is NARA (USA National archives) for his entry into the USA . Goi to www.gnealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and file form 81 with NARA atNARA NY Office, 201 Varcik Street, New York, N.Y. 10014-4811. This will give you all their records along with a copy of his entry into the uSA as an immigrant. Peter