Gallo, Perruccio, Petrolo, Cutulle, Calabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Moncheese

Gallo, Perruccio, Petrolo, Cutulle, Calabria

Post by Moncheese »

Hello, I am looking for information on my Italian ancestors. I am at a dead end and was wondering if anyone might have any information. My great-grandfather was Vincenzo Gallo (b.1893) he was married to Maria Grazia Perrucio (b.~1891) in 1919 and they came to Boston, Massachusetts in 1920. Vincenzo's parents were Antonio Gallo and Teresa Cutulle. Maria's parents were Domenico Perrucio and Teresa Petrolo. I believe that they were all from Torre Di Ruggiero, Catanzaro, Calabria. Please let me know if you have any information that might be of help, or if I can help you in any way.

Thank you very much.
Jessica Templin
jessigracie@hotmail.com
regina
Rookie
Rookie

Post by regina »

The original vital records -- birth, marriage, death -- for Torre di Ruggiero are available on microfilm from the Family History Library through Family History Centers in the U.S. and around the world. The records go back to 1809, so you should be able to discover a great deal about your family history.

Family History Library Catalog
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp

Directory of Family History Centers
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

These old records can be difficult to decipher. For help, I highly recommend "Discovering Your Italian Ancestors" by Lynn Nelson. This book was written to assist researchers using the microfilmed records.

Good luck with your research,
Regina
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

It might be fun to go to www.ellisisland.org website and look up their arrival in the USA as immigrants. You can obtain their year of birth and place of birth and even look up the ships manifest to see who they came on the boat with and where they were going when they landed and who they left behind. You can then follow thru on the other advice which is great if you want to research further about the family in Italy. Peter
verena

Post by verena »

Hi,
I have some Gallos linked to my Dentico family. They all come from Gioia del Colle. If you want some information on them, please contact me by long.island@gmx.de
Verena
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Verena are you a genealogy consultant working for other people? peter
verena

Post by verena »

Hi Peter,
no - but that sounds nice. :D
I am a simple person interested in genealogy, especially researching my Dentico family. I do have a lot of information in the meantime. But there is still a lot of open points. I figure by posting a message on boards could bring me and others together - also by offering my information to others.
Does this make any sense to you?
Verena
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Verena you mean well but you are just interfering. So far you asked me questions that are simple so you are not that knowledgable about genealogy to help. Stop cluttering up the forum with your adolescent comments and offerings. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, this is your relative's manifest http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 3475070009
but Perrucio surname not exist in Italy, really is PerruCcio..., moreover exact spelling Cutulle is Cutullè regards, suanj
bjguarente

Re: Gallo, Perruccio, Petrolo, Cutulle, Calabria

Post by bjguarente »

Moncheese wrote:Hello, I am looking for information on my Italian ancestors. I am at a dead end and was wondering if anyone might have any information. My great-grandfather was Vincenzo Gallo (b.1893) he was married to Maria Grazia Perrucio (b.~1891) in 1919 and they came to Boston, Massachusetts in 1920. Vincenzo's parents were Antonio Gallo and Teresa Cutulle. Maria's parents were Domenico Perrucio and Teresa Petrolo. I believe that they were all from Torre Di Ruggiero, Catanzaro, Calabria. Please let me know if you have any information that might be of help, or if I can help you in any way.

Thank you very much.
Antonio Gallo is my great great grandfather..from the province of Catanzaro.
angielo

Post by angielo »

Hi, my mother's maiden name was Perruccio and I recognize many of the names you mention. Some of the Perruccio still live in Italy but moved to towns near Torre Di Ruggiero. Some moved to other towns close by. I'm not sure, but I believe that your great grandmother and my grandfather may have been cousins. Do you know if Domenico Perruccio had any brothers or sisters? You can send me an email at loschiavomoore@hotmail.com and I will be more than happy to provide you with additional information as I am just starting to look into my mom's history.
angielo

Post by angielo »

Hi, my mother's maiden name was Perruccio and I recognize many of the names you mention. Some of the Perruccio still live in Italy but moved to towns near Torre Di Ruggiero. Some moved to other towns close by. I'm not sure, but I believe that your great grandmother and my grandfather may have been cousins. Do you know if Domenico Perruccio had any brothers or sisters?