Enrico Calomino

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
franniel

Enrico Calomino

Post by franniel »

My grandfather was Enrico Calomino he was born on 2-10-07 and immigatred to the USA when he was 12. I have been unable to locate his records at Ellis Island I believe he was from Calabria. Any help would be grealty appreciated.
Thanks
Frannie
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you cannot find him in the ellis island archives and you don't know from which other port he may have entered the USA I suggest you go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm for a form 81 which you submit to Washington, D.C. The form is a passenger arrivals request. Peter
franniel

enrico calomino

Post by franniel »

Thanks Peter I'll give this try
Gigizagani

Post by Gigizagani »

At the mpment most of the CALOMINO live in CALABRIA, near the city of COSENZA.

Your family probably came from one of these three calabrian municipalities:

SAN LUCIDO

PAOLA

MONTALTO UFFUGO

Regards

Giacomo GANZA
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are Calomino surnamed persons in every province of Calabria and "most probably" is entirely too casual a comment for genealogy. You either know or don't know!!Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Gigizagani wrote:At the mpment most of the CALOMINO live in CALABRIA, near the city of COSENZA.

Your family probably came from one of these three calabrian municipalities:

SAN LUCIDO

PAOLA

MONTALTO UFFUGO

Regards

Giacomo GANZA
Ciao Giacomo (sono Raffaella :wink: ),
and also Calomino persons coming from San Vincenzo(Cosenza province)...suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Frannie have you gone to the www.ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com website for social security death index. He died in Denver and had a social security number. Go to that site and way over to the right under SS-5 click on the form letter to obtain a copy of his original application which will give you his parents names and his place of birth. It will cost you about $30.00 but its worth it to find out. Peter
sabrina647

Re: Enrico Calomino

Post by sabrina647 »

Hi there,

I am part of the Calomino family. We live in Toronto and there are not many of us. My dad is from Montalto Uffugo, Cosenza, Italy. Since there are few Calomino's, he was probably from the same town as my father.

Anyways, I visit my dad's hometown often and I may know who you are talking about or I may be able to ask my dad/uncle or great uncle who all live here.

I can't wait to hear from you...we thought our family didnt stretch beyond Toronto and Montalto Uffugo...but I guess it does!

Sabrina
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

I have Calomino charts I've been working on since 1980s. Family in New York, Connected, Chicago, California, Denver, Nevada and more. Know I can connect to Canada if you connect with me and we share. I was in Gesuiti in October 2016 and met cousins there who have gotten records/info from San Vincenzo LA Costa. We share same great grandfather. Want to connect more. I have some broken branches.
Many of the names in these post are familiar. They mentioned the Toronto connection. Carl's family was in Denver I connected with a Marion Calomino before she passed. There is an Easter-fest in Illinois that is a family reunion.
Franniel, Sabrina647
Email me and I'll check charts. provide as much info on oldest calomino in your branch. Glen8626@gmail.com. trish
xlphillips

Post by xlphillips »

I am now researching my great grandparents and their ancestors who came from Montalto Uffugo, Cosenza, and the nearby towns. The last name is Filippo. I don't want to take your thread, so I can always start a new one. I would love some help researching this area, sabrina467. I will likely go down there in two months to explore.

We just ordered records from Italy and hope to know more in a few weeks.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

You should definitely start a new thread.

It will get much more exposure :-)

T.