Miano and Calabro surnames
Miano and Calabro surnames
Anyone know of any Miano's and Calabro's from Sicilia in the Barcellona and Terme Vigliatore parts?
Re: Miano and Calabro surnames
I guess no-one has any relatives by those surnames then?? Anyone anyone?
Re: Miano and Calabro surnames
Go to www.google.com and insert the surnames one at a time and add the word genealogy in the title for anyone researching or has researched the name genealogically. Peter
Re: Miano and Calabro surnames
It's been a while since you posted, but I've discovered that my own family, the Miano's, are originally from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto in Sicily.
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Miano and Calabro surnames
Thats great news. What kind of information did you get to help figure out where your family came from? Is there any information missing that you're still trying to find?
Again, congratulations.
Regards,
Elizabeth
Again, congratulations.
Regards,
Elizabeth
Re: Miano and Calabro surnames
I knew my great great grandfather came from Rizziconi, but when I found his father's marriage record, it stated that he was born in Centineo in Barcellona. So I started searching the Barcellona records and found his birth record. (I did this all through the LDS Family History Center in my area.) I've gone back as far as I can go in the civil records (1820), so now if I want to keep going, I have to search the church records. But I may have to go to Sicily to do that.
Re: Miano and Calabro surnames
2 of my great-grandparents were from Barcellona P. G., including my bisnonno Antonino Calabro'. So we might be related, but Barcellona has the second highest number of Calabro''s in Italy, after Messina. It's also my home comune, and my mother is a Calabro', but neither of us has ever been there.
