Miano and Calabro surnames

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
Miano75
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Miano and Calabro surnames

Post by Miano75 »

Anyone know of any Miano's and Calabro's from Sicilia in the Barcellona and Terme Vigliatore parts?
User avatar
Miano75
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Miano and Calabro surnames

Post by Miano75 »

I guess no-one has any relatives by those surnames then?? Anyone anyone?
User avatar
ptimber
Master
Master
Posts: 5056
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 01:00
Location: ny

Re: Miano and Calabro surnames

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.google.com and insert the surnames one at a time and add the word genealogy in the title for anyone researching or has researched the name genealogically. Peter
User avatar
drmiano
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 23 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Miano and Calabro surnames

Post by drmiano »

It's been a while since you posted, but I've discovered that my own family, the Miano's, are originally from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto in Sicily.
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Miano and Calabro surnames

Post by BillieDeKid »

Thats great news. What kind of information did you get to help figure out where your family came from? Is there any information missing that you're still trying to find?

Again, congratulations.

Regards,
Elizabeth
User avatar
drmiano
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 23 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Miano and Calabro surnames

Post by drmiano »

I knew my great great grandfather came from Rizziconi, but when I found his father's marriage record, it stated that he was born in Centineo in Barcellona. So I started searching the Barcellona records and found his birth record. (I did this all through the LDS Family History Center in my area.) I've gone back as far as I can go in the civil records (1820), so now if I want to keep going, I have to search the church records. But I may have to go to Sicily to do that.
carubia
Master
Master
Posts: 1152
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 12:13
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Miano and Calabro surnames

Post by carubia »

2 of my great-grandparents were from Barcellona P. G., including my bisnonno Antonino Calabro'. So we might be related, but Barcellona has the second highest number of Calabro''s in Italy, after Messina. It's also my home comune, and my mother is a Calabro', but neither of us has ever been there.
Post Reply