Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Great Mary JO! this is the better way for to know more; I'm sure that you will receive a reply! Thanks for kind word abt me, but really in this forum all members are so much wonderful and all help so much the italian descendants, so honoring our italian blood....( our GREAT italian blood!) baci baci, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
I am the great-grandson of Antonio Cantore (b.1869, d.1931, Brooklyn,NY) and Maria Guiseppe Briscione. Maria immigrated to America from Contursi in 1905 to meet my great grandfather and their oldest son, Tomistoche, who were already here. (Manifest of the Citta DiMilano, arrived Ellis Island on March 16, 1905). She came with my grandfather, Antonio, my granduncles, Persio (Patsy) and Carlo Alberto. There were two other children named Garibaldi and Giovanni who my family believes were related but not their children that are listed on the Ship's manifest. I started my search with my daughter-in-law who started this thread (badbatsmoru-email no longer in use). My grandfather died in 1929 and my father, Louis H., was placed in St. Christopher's Home in Dobbs Ferry, NY for the rest of his childhood. His older brother, also named Anthony, died in 1935 at age 20. Their mother, my grandmother, was Concetta (Marie) DeLaurentis (mother's maiden name was Carmela Siani) married in 1914. Having been born in 1947, I had no contact with my granduncles. I have recently found the grandchildren of Persio through serendipity. They have birth date for Tomistoche, but no date or place of death. There is an appoximate date of death for Carlo who was unmarried, but otherwise we have no information.
I would be happy to communicate with anyone who may have a connection to my father's family. My name is (you guessed it) Anthony Cantore.
I would be happy to communicate with anyone who may have a connection to my father's family. My name is (you guessed it) Anthony Cantore.
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Hi Anthony,
My name is (did you guess it 8O ) Mary Jo Briscione. My grandfather was Angelo Briscione (1885-1957) of Contursi, Italy who immigrated to Newark, NJ. Angelo's father was Giovanbattista Briscione. I started my search looking for Angelo's siblings. The ones I found are:
Pasquale
Maria (married Pasquale Siani)
Rosa (married Ferdinando Siani)
and at least 1 other brother who remained in Italy
The Sianis were barbers in NYC and I know that the worked (with?for?) a Thomas Cantore
.
I will send you a private message so we can swap e mail addresses. There is only one Briscione family in Contursi, so I know we are related.

My name is (did you guess it 8O ) Mary Jo Briscione. My grandfather was Angelo Briscione (1885-1957) of Contursi, Italy who immigrated to Newark, NJ. Angelo's father was Giovanbattista Briscione. I started my search looking for Angelo's siblings. The ones I found are:
Pasquale
Maria (married Pasquale Siani)
Rosa (married Ferdinando Siani)
and at least 1 other brother who remained in Italy
The Sianis were barbers in NYC and I know that the worked (with?for?) a Thomas Cantore
I will send you a private message so we can swap e mail addresses. There is only one Briscione family in Contursi, so I know we are related.
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
This may be your ggfather Antonio's manifest.
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0020
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0020
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Tomistoche's manifest
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0007
This is so much fun when I have a personal interest inthe results!!!

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0007
This is so much fun when I have a personal interest inthe results!!!
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Hello Mary Jo and Anthony.
1910 census
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/426/ ... 910ps6.jpg
Manhattan Ward 6, New York, New York
Antonio Cantore, head, age 59, age at first marriage 36, immigration 1904
Maria Cantore, wife, age 57, age at first marriage 36, 13 children 5 living, immigration 1905
Tomistoche Cantore, son, age 23, immigration 1904
Antonio Cantore, son, age 21, immigration 1905
Perseno Cantore, son, age 18, immigration 1905
Carlo Alberto Cantore, son, age 16, immigration 1905
Biff
1910 census
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/426/ ... 910ps6.jpg
Manhattan Ward 6, New York, New York
Antonio Cantore, head, age 59, age at first marriage 36, immigration 1904
Maria Cantore, wife, age 57, age at first marriage 36, 13 children 5 living, immigration 1905
Tomistoche Cantore, son, age 23, immigration 1904
Antonio Cantore, son, age 21, immigration 1905
Perseno Cantore, son, age 18, immigration 1905
Carlo Alberto Cantore, son, age 16, immigration 1905
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
WWI Draft cards
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/7001/ztcanwwibo2.jpg
Name: Tomistocle Cantore
City: Brooklyn
County: Kings
State: New York
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 22 Mar 1887
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1664 ... wwilg4.jpg
Name: Patsy Cantore
City: Brooklyn
County: Kings
State: New York
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 7 Aug 1892
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/363/ ... wwipo1.jpg
Name: Albert Cantore
City: Brooklyn
County: Kings
State: New York
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 26 Jun 1895
World War II Draft Cards
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/948/ ... wiiux8.jpg
Name: Perseo Cantore
Birth Date: 7 Aug 1892
Residence: Brooklyn, New York
Birth: Italy
Race: White
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4865 ... wiiyh6.jpg
Name: Thomas J Cantore
Birth Date: 22 Mar 1887
Residence: Kings, New York
Birth: Naples, Italy
Biff
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/7001/ztcanwwibo2.jpg
Name: Tomistocle Cantore
City: Brooklyn
County: Kings
State: New York
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 22 Mar 1887
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1664 ... wwilg4.jpg
Name: Patsy Cantore
City: Brooklyn
County: Kings
State: New York
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 7 Aug 1892
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/363/ ... wwipo1.jpg
Name: Albert Cantore
City: Brooklyn
County: Kings
State: New York
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 26 Jun 1895
World War II Draft Cards
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/948/ ... wiiux8.jpg
Name: Perseo Cantore
Birth Date: 7 Aug 1892
Residence: Brooklyn, New York
Birth: Italy
Race: White
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4865 ... wiiyh6.jpg
Name: Thomas J Cantore
Birth Date: 22 Mar 1887
Residence: Kings, New York
Birth: Naples, Italy
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
1920 census
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/558/ ... 920ts4.jpg
Brooklyn Assembly District 1, Kings, New York
Antonie Cantore, head, age 69
Marie Giuseppe Cantore, wife, age 67
Persceco Cantore, son, age 26
Carmelo Cantore, daughter in law, age 25
Marie Giuseppe Cantore, niece, age 2 1/12
Antonio Cantore, nephew, age 3/12
Carlo Alberto Cantore, son, age 24
Biff
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/558/ ... 920ts4.jpg
Brooklyn Assembly District 1, Kings, New York
Antonie Cantore, head, age 69
Marie Giuseppe Cantore, wife, age 67
Persceco Cantore, son, age 26
Carmelo Cantore, daughter in law, age 25
Marie Giuseppe Cantore, niece, age 2 1/12
Antonio Cantore, nephew, age 3/12
Carlo Alberto Cantore, son, age 24
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
New York City Bride and Groom Index
Cantore Antonio Jan 18 1914 Manhattan 2400 (Certificate #)
DeLorentis Concetta Jan 18 1914 Manhattan 2400
Cantore Perseo Feb 4 1917 Manhattan 8818
No bride listed
New York City Death Index
Name Age Date of Death Cert # County Apprx yob
Cantore Antonio 62 y Nov 10 1931 23193 Kings 1868 - 1869
Cantore Antonio 38 y Jan 7 1929 962 Kings 1890 - 1891
Cantore Concetta 62 y Mar 15 1945 6018 Kings 1882 - 1883
Cantore Maria G 68 y Sept 16 1941 18170 Kings 1872 - 1873
Biff
Cantore Antonio Jan 18 1914 Manhattan 2400 (Certificate #)
DeLorentis Concetta Jan 18 1914 Manhattan 2400
Cantore Perseo Feb 4 1917 Manhattan 8818
No bride listed
New York City Death Index
Name Age Date of Death Cert # County Apprx yob
Cantore Antonio 62 y Nov 10 1931 23193 Kings 1868 - 1869
Cantore Antonio 38 y Jan 7 1929 962 Kings 1890 - 1891
Cantore Concetta 62 y Mar 15 1945 6018 Kings 1882 - 1883
Cantore Maria G 68 y Sept 16 1941 18170 Kings 1872 - 1873
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Possible 1920 census
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1196 ... 920kw0.jpg
Manhattan Assembly District 2, New York, New York
Mulberry Street
Anthony Cantore, head, age 30
Mary Cantore, wife, age 24
Anthony Cantore, son, age 5
Louis Cantore, son, age 1
Biff
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1196 ... 920kw0.jpg
Manhattan Assembly District 2, New York, New York
Mulberry Street
Anthony Cantore, head, age 30
Mary Cantore, wife, age 24
Anthony Cantore, son, age 5
Louis Cantore, son, age 1
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Thank all of you for the valuable information which has filled in the blanks of my search for the Cantore family tree. I have sent a private message to MsBris so that we may communicate about the Siani family connection.
Tony
Tony
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Biff,
Thank you for all that info, it has been really helpful. You know that I'll be calling on you and vj when I get some of this sorted out. I keep seeing other families hook up on this site and always wished it was my family. So now it is and I am very excited.
Now I am going back to the notes I put aside because they didn't fit.
I know I am lucky that the Briscione name is so rare, and that I can get in contact with the family in Contursi. Anthony and I will be talking soon.
Thank you for all that info, it has been really helpful. You know that I'll be calling on you and vj when I get some of this sorted out. I keep seeing other families hook up on this site and always wished it was my family. So now it is and I am very excited.
Now I am going back to the notes I put aside because they didn't fit.
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Just posting this link for Tony. I don't know if he has seen it yet, but it will sure help when we talk.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... art=0.html
I have confirmed that Gabriel Briscione was from Contursi and have been in touch with his ggson John.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... art=0.html
I have confirmed that Gabriel Briscione was from Contursi and have been in touch with his ggson John.
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
my name is rachael siani. I have an older brother whos name is steven siani. my grandfathers name was anthony siani and my fathers name was paul siani. I am tryin to find more roots. We live in MD, i know my grandfathers mothers name was Marianne...
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Rach,
If you can post whatever info you have about your grandfather and father, it would help. Did your grandfather go right to MD or did he live somewhere else first? Was he born in Italy or the US? Do you know his date of birth or death? Did your father have other siblings? Anything you remember will help us direct your search.
If you can post whatever info you have about your grandfather and father, it would help. Did your grandfather go right to MD or did he live somewhere else first? Was he born in Italy or the US? Do you know his date of birth or death? Did your father have other siblings? Anything you remember will help us direct your search.


