Faster Results

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Shrugs05

Faster Results

Post by Shrugs05 »

I need a naturalization record for Giulio (Julius) Viglione but I am lost where to search. I have mailed a FOIA request to USCIS and I know that will take a long time for a result. Nonetheless, are there other routes to obtain naturalization records with a faster result (I am impatient lol)? I live in Youngstown, Ohio. Thanks.
federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Faster Results

Post by federici1999 »

Try the national archive in Ohio here is the web page. Go to the state archive and type in naturalization records. THe archives keep local records of who was naturalized in federal court in their counties. http://www.ohiohistory.org/occ/menu.htm
Thanks Bob

Looking for Federici and Cavalli from Bedonia
Shrugs05

Post by Shrugs05 »

Well, I have my GGF's naturalization record from my county's Clerk of Courts. My GGF naturalized on 11/5/1926 and my GF was born on 1/17/1926. Do I still qualify for dual-citizenship? 8O
mmonico
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mmonico »

As to my understanding as long as your GF was born before your GGF became naturalized then citizenship should be passed down. So you should be ok.