Terrari, Avellino Province

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mbanting

Terrari, Avellino Province

Post by mbanting »

I am trying to find information about my great grandparents. There was a newspaper article stating that they came from Terrari, Italy but I cannot locate such a place. I believe that it might be in the Avellino Province but am not sure. Has anyone heard of such a place?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Terrari, Avellino Province

Post by wldspirit »

Have you tried to locate their ship manifest.....which may list the town of origin? How about naturalization papers........
wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

mbanting wrote:I am trying to find information about my great grandparents. There was a newspaper article stating that they came from Terrari, Italy but I cannot locate such a place. I believe that it might be in the Avellino Province but am not sure. Has anyone heard of such a place?
If you insert the surname is most easy... but Terrari not exist, sure are misspelled...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Cities or Towns in Avellino Province

Taurano
Taurasi
Teora
Torella dei Lombardi
Torre Le Nocelle
Torrioni
Trevico
Tufo
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

The locations in Italy database for this site is working. Try the sounds like option and see what looks promising. If you think it is in the Avellino Province the database does show Taurasi as a sounds like option.

Debbie
tisalee

Post by tisalee »

You may also want to check surrounding Provinces, as there was a lot of land swapping and provincial exchanges between the provinces of Puglia and Campania within the last 100 years.
lalberogenealogico
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lalberogenealogico »

I know Ferrari place. Probably Ferrari is a part of Serino village, not far from Avellino.

Gaetano Petrillo
Genealogical Researcher
mbanting

Post by mbanting »

Thanks. In my research there is mention that my grandparents came from Terrari (which could be Ferrari) and the other place is Volturara Irpino. Are these places close together?
vinx999

Post by vinx999 »

mbanting wrote:Thanks. In my research there is mention that my grandparents came from Terrari (which could be Ferrari) and the other place is Volturara Irpino. Are these places close together?
They're two towns placed on two different sides of the same mountain.. :D
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

VinX999 Could you please explain why you call Terrari is not a comune and not a listed as a frazione or neighborhood of any other town??=Peter=
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Ferrari and Volturara Irpino are two towns placed on two different sides of the same mountain, in the province if Avellino.
vinx999

Post by vinx999 »

PeterTimber wrote:VinX999 Could you please explain why you call Terrari is not a comune and not a listed as a frazione or neighborhood of any other town??=Peter=
First of all, in the province of Avellino there's no place called "Terrari".... :)
Ferrari is a "frazione" of the comune of Serino.... I'm sure of it... I've been there... :D
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You put in Terrari in copying the original use of the word Terrari by another person without correcting it. I relied on you since you did not correct the error. =Peter=
vinx999

Post by vinx999 »

PeterTimber wrote:You put in Terrari in copying the original use of the word Terrari by another person without correcting it. I relied on you since you did not correct the error. =Peter=
Oh.... you're right... :D :D sorry!!