Passenger Arrival

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Passenger Arrival

Post by suanj »

ptimber wrote:The ship KOENGIN LUISE arrived on March 9, 1905 and that is the closest to the date of arrival you specified at NYC. Peter
Hi Peter, perhaps this are the ship..are possible to know ship's manifest?
Hughs, suanj
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

I am not aware of any Lorenzo in the family. Thanks!
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

I'm not aware of any Lorenzo in the family. Thanks!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

where did lorenzo come from???? Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: are an Carmine Perugini (from Morcone) ship's manifest 1910 and it goes from cousin Pietro Perugini http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 1324140758
are parent with your Pietro ancestor??
suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Suanj: Ginnyo insists he came in 1905 and there is no manifest wherever I looked including Steve Morse back up and nothing. There is an error here. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ptimber wrote:Suanj: Ginnyo insists he came in 1905 and there is no manifest wherever I looked including Steve Morse back up and nothing. There is an error here. Peter
In effect are very strange info..I think Perugini surname is very very misspelled on ellis island...are an dillemma found it..bye bye Raffaella
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

Hi Suanj:

My grandfather did have an uncle Guiseppe whom I know nothing about.

Perhaps this Carmine was my grandfather's cousin.

My great-grandfather's name was Pellegrino.

I looked at the manifest but could not understand the handwriting. He said he came to visit his cousin? Pietro, no last name, and I can't understand the address.

Still, no official information on my grandfather's entry. Only his statement from his naturalization papers.

Ginnyo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ginnyo wrote:Hi Suanj:

My grandfather did have an uncle Guiseppe whom I know nothing about.

Perhaps this Carmine was my grandfather's cousin.

My great-grandfather's name was Pellegrino.

I looked at the manifest but could not understand the handwriting. He said he came to visit his cousin? Pietro, no last name, and I can't understand the address.

Still, no official information on my grandfather's entry. Only his statement from his naturalization papers.

Ginnyo
Hi, normally if not are surname means same surname of Carmine..yes, Carmine father is Giuseppe..address illegible.. sorry..hoping better info in future ...but I council that you read all ship's manifest on Perugini persons coming from Morcone(especially final destination and parents in USA and in Italy)...sure you found others info...suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is a listing for Pietro Parruccini, aged 17 arriving at NYC in 1905 on board ship SS Philadelphia destined to cousin UBALDINO in Pennsylvania. Any connection? Peter
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

No connection, Peter.

Ginnyo
NY
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Then you do not have all the information because we would have found him by now..something is amiss . Peter
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

I have heard that some manifests were lost due to a fire at Ellis Island and that other manifests were never turned over to the authorities.

I also understand that other people are experiencing the same problem locating passenger information on their ancesters.

I'm guessing my grandfather's information is truly lost and that I will never find it.

Ginnyo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ginnyo wrote:I have heard that some manifests were lost due to a fire at Ellis Island and that other manifests were never turned over to the authorities.

I also understand that other people are experiencing the same problem locating passenger information on their ancesters.

I'm guessing my grandfather's information is truly lost and that I will never find it.

Ginnyo
Hi Ginnyo, for my experience, normally if not found ship's manifest the cause are only one: surname misspelled... but in the search Perugini, I think that in the manifests around 1905 and before this year, also after this year, are coloumn " italian last residence"..this coloumn not is same of birthplace( that found in ship's manifest after 1910 emigration) and many times, last residence town and birthplace not are same town..for Perugini are an Pavalo(????Paolo or Pietropaolo very usual?) first name very misspelled, emigrated in 1906 ship Sicilia, last residence Pontelandolfo, age 15 and it went from Ciriaco brother in Philadelfia-Crisia Street(?) 909- ...are many Ciriaco, but only an Ciriaco emigrated before 1906 .... in 1902 age 22, and it went from Giuseppe uncle in Porth..(sorry I've problem with reading town..-Morland??)..More, always searching for you, the Pietro first name and Pellegrino father first name, are present sure in Pontelandolfo from 1809, and considering transmission first name second italian use(grandfather and grandson same first name), is really possible also that living in Pontelandolfo but born in Morcone ..Morcone and Pontelandolfo is very very near http://www.costedelsud.it/servizi/carti ... appa17.asp
I hope in next days really to found Pietro perugini exact ship's manifest, but please think others possibility..you have only an paper press with data on Pietro, are sure this info?? You can to obtain some and more info from Census 1910/20??
Also interesting are an Giuseppe Perugini in travel with Nicola son and two nephews(Giocondino Perugini and Giovanni Perugini) in shp's manifest 15 Mars 1905 (very similar date)and with many Morcone people( also an other Nicola Perugini)..
More, many people from Morcone (also an Giuseppe Perugini that went from Antonio brother in Reating or Deating Gubiran..? 60) final destination Philadelphia are in this ship's manifest surname misspelled Perngini http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 4262050017
also with Peruzini(misspelling Perugini are someone person from Morcone)
http://stevemorse.org/goulnik/match1.ph ... e=1&fail=0
but nobody Pietro..
and this are all Pietro first name emigrated around 1904/1905
http://stevemorse.org/goulnik/match1.ph ... agesize=50
perhaps are interesting from connection and suggestions...
Regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Suanj I alrready thru all the Steve Moprse websites and the Jewishgen sites old and new. There is something wrong with the information she is providing. Peter